Camping for loot

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ole1eye, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Ole1eye New Member

As a returning player, there is not much room in the low levels to hunt and level without higher levels farming for loot and killing everything. Entering a zone and seeing all the dead things laying around is not very much fun. Will it be worst in the higher levels?
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

No, it will not be worse. Well, I guess it depends on how you define higher levels.

For instance, my 115 mage can run anywhere in PoP, LDoN, DoD, etc while causing trains and take no damage. Her beam (directional AE in front of her) hits 12 mobs at a time and will kill all of them in a single hit. I can wipe out an entire zone in minutes.

This happens because of trade skills and flags. Metals required for smithing are found in under shore. Items for tailoring are found in Wind (PoP) and also since the mobs see invis and you need raid flags for the artisan prize, and the avatar PHs don't show on track, you simply have to wipe out the zone to get them. Also PoP has Plane Slayer ACH which is required for evolving the TBL item.

On the upper end, my mage can not do this in EoK. I can 3-box with 3 mercs and plow the zone, but I'm not pulling 30-50 mobs at a time in EoK. A train in Droga can still kill me. Move into RoS and I can only handle about 5 mobs at a time, and that with mez, 5 unmezed mobs without a real tank is going to eat through my merc/mage tanks. TBL and TOV it's one mob at a time for me (3box with mercs). Fights last from 30 seconds on the low end and 90 seconds on the high end, excluding named.

There are a lot of zones people are not farming in however. Wind in PoP for example is frequently farmed for tradeskill items. Nightmare on the other hand is pretty much always empty. Doomfire has a ton of mobs, so even if someone is training everything, it's unlikely you wont be able to find something to kill.

I check zones when I go into them and they are almost always empty. As i have moved through DoD, HoT, EoK, RoS and etc over the last few months I have always seen plenty of mobs up.

It does suck if you are having issues with bad etiquette, but mostly you should be able to find something.

What level are you now and where are you trying to play at?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ya, I was in that new zone called Grocery Store (down in the dungeon part called Lower Walmart)- was camping the shelf where it was rumored the rare "Toilet Papeer" spawns when this group of 2 huge ogres with 3 little dwarfs came pushing in and just sat there right on top of me. I mean it was worse than being in the lobby. They were all snacking on stuff and belching, being nasty. The little dwarfs were running around, screaming - just out of control.

So, I left and went to another zone called "Upper 99 cent store". I heard the named could pop there also and found him hidden on a low shelf. It wasn't the exact named but it was close - this one was named "Generic Toilet Papeer"

Moral of the story: There is always more than one zone when the stuff hits the fan.
    Grove, Duder, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  4. forum troll Elder

/applaude
    Grove likes this.