Camera options

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by trystero, Dec 8, 2019.

1. trystero New Member

Hi - I'm brand new to EQ and spent some time today checking things out, but the sticking point for me now is the camera. I'm a longtime wow player, and I'm trying to get the camera settings to work in a similar fashion to where my character is centered, I can zoom in/out in some way (mousewheel or otherwise), and change direction via the right mouse button.

I did some searching and found some of the F9 camera options, but none of these work in the way I was looking for. Is there a way to achieve this?
  2. Riou EQResource

Scrolling out with the mouse wheel is the closest you will get to something like wow
  3. trystero New Member

Thank you. Follow up question - is there any way I can increase the zoom distance? The max via mousewheel seems lacking.
  4. matouoli Elder

well , i am using 3rd view since 15 years + .
    the way i am doing it , i press F9 ( 4 times ), and if you keep right click down while moving your mouse , you can have the view you want. zoom distance as well,

so i can pull and check behind me ( with the camera view ) while my toon continue to move forward , so i can see if they got a bad pathing , ect. i can use that to see adds coming my way , ect.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Druids get eyes of the camera zoom.

If you are talking about the height angle of the camera, you can use the right click to rotate the camera so it looks downward slightly. That is how I like to play. Scrolled back and angling down slightly.
  6. trystero New Member

Thank you, all :)