Call the first groups to 50 and vox kills,naggy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Magepetsrule, Mar 14, 2018.

1. phaeril Augur

Oh don't fret. There are plenty of people that like to sit around being smug about "the real way to play" and XP super slow in pick up groups of strangers. The rest of us will have fun playing the way we find fun, being able to play how you like to is the real reason EQ was so great. I like raiding and playing alts and doing tradeskills and trading stuff, doing quests, all of it. All of it except the stupid repetitive XP grind... I play EQ despite that, not because of it. The insinuation that just because not everyone is jumping at the chance to play FantasyChatroomQuest with you they must be RMT krono farmers or whatever you are trying to say is insulting.

The biggest difference is that people know what they are doing now and want to play their way; so take your elitist attitude and... reevaluate it, if you would be so kind.
  2. vylo Augur

If it took you a month to get through a level ever in this game, it wasn't because of the exp rate......I think it took me a month to get to 50 total my first time in classic, because I had no idea what I was doing.
  3. Buds Augur

You didn't do that when EQ first came out. Our guild leader(cleric) was level 35 for a month, because it was a very tough hell level and he would die, then die trying to get his corpse back. No one did 50 in a month when EQ came out, it took most casual players closer to a year.

I am not being elitist, I am someone who loves to power level etc. on normal servers and max as fast as possible. The exp grind sucks, I get it, I've felt it. I just thought the point of a server like this, was to enjoy a different aspect of EQ. Allow people to get to know other players, adventure with them, enjoy the lower levels and lower zones again. Feel the nostalgia of how Eq started and what it was like. All these people rushing to 50 and they already have maxed toons on other servers. Why not just play them? My best times in EQ were in oasis, Cazic thule, lower guk. All when I wasn't anywhere near max level. Hitting 50 doesn't necessarily make the game play any better or more fun. I know, everyone wants to be the cool kid with the biggest toys. That is what drives games like this. But just thought the reason to switch to this server, would be to experience something new, not kill yourself trying to level, like you do on the normal servers.

It's kinda like wanting to go back in time to a more peaceful, simpler time, see how it was living back then, then wanting to fly through time as fast as possible and get back to where you just were.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh, no. As for the statement you are contesting it did, indeed, takes days if not weeks to get through level 59. Yes, I know 59 isn't in classic but it was the worst hell level I can remember.
  5. Ashenor Lorekeeper

You were just Bad, i was server first Druid on Tarew Marr and i believe it was about 3 weeks, maybe less. I was the 3rd overall 50 there.
  6. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

You are claiming you were lvl 50 three weeks after original EQ launch?
  7. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

Just saying, the game launched in March, and kalaran aka: furor, the first lvl 50 in the game, didn't hit 50 until June. According to archived server announcements, most servers didn't see their first lvl 50 until 5-6 months after release.
    andross77 likes this.
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

These are the EQ forums where people talk nonsense. Gives them big peenorz.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

lol yeah...that's why it's fun to call them out. Especially Ashenor who constantly attempts to embellish the truth.
    andross77 likes this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The biggest difference is the change to AC/Damage tables. Knowledge is good, but taking half or less of the damage you used to, while at the same time doing twice or more damage to the npcs matters a lot more.