Call of the Forsaken is coming! Game Update: Monday, October 7 @ 8pm Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Fenrizar New Member

That.. is crap. So I 'pre-ordered' like they've been whining for us too, and as a result pretty much double billed myself.

Thanks guys! /sigh
  2. Fenrizar New Member

I just opened a Support Ticket to Billing to see if they can either:
    A) refund my second ROFear purchase or
    B) apply that ROFear purchase to a separate account.

Hopefully they do one or the other. hate to think I paid double.
  3. Utopian New Member

Don't get pissy because you blundered... I think 95% of folks could have seen that coming when reading your first post.. But thanks for the "glad it wasn't me LOL"
  4. Utopian New Member

I'll presume they will help you out there, but.... GL
  5. CrestWolf New Member

It was a breach of security, not a patch. but still a long time for hard core players
  6. Tarrin Augur

I am so confused!
    Patch in the afternoon...Euro's get the short stick because its during their prime time.
    Patch in the evening... Euro's get the short stick because they can't get serverwide firsts.
    Patch at midnight...Euro's get the short stick because they miss their prime time.
    Patch in the morning....hmm..this one I don't know. I am sure Euro's are shorted out somehow.

I guess Euro's get the short stick every time, regardless what ever happens. Maybe Europe itself is a short stick.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is no good time to patch, whatever time it is someone cannot play. I would have said evening & midnight would be the best time for euro players, they are ahead by 8 hours when looking at pst.

As a rule patches normally end around 4pm, this one is due to end 6pm, I'm hoping its up sooner, I need my fix already.

Being in the top 10 these days isn't so important, with 4 raids its not like there will be much more than a week between the top 15 - 20 guilds completing them. and with so little to raid, there is no point in rushing to farm mode.
  8. Piestro Augur

Our normal target time is 4pm your time (8am our time). Because there is a lot going on with this one we pushed it out a bit to make sure we had plenty of time. Things are going well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    IceSy likes this.
  9. IceSy Augur

Keep those hamsters going with plenty of Coffee & Doughnuts! :D
  10. Texxy New Member

So we're looking at a Noon CST for servers to be back up?
  11. Piestro Augur

That's what we're aiming for. If we can go early we will. If we'll be any later I'll let you folks know.
    Toquillaw likes this.
  12. Trajet D'Or Augur

11am CST if you mean you live in the central time zone in an area that does not use daylight savings time. Noon CDT.
  13. Piestro Augur

Our main testing is complete, making sure everything else is ready. :)
    Toquillaw likes this.
  14. Piestro Augur

And login!
    Toquillaw and Tarrin like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

40 mins till I finish work....I've been working hard as you can see. :p

Sounds like it should be up when I get home..........weeeee
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

<3
  17. Toquillaw Augur

This has been discussed and addressed here on the boards. The advertising for the expansion is clear as to what it includes. What isn't obvious to some people is that they only get the stuff they paid for when they actually pay for it, and the expansions are billed at the time of release. You didn't pay for the previous expansion yet so you had no access.

However, I think SOE could make it all more clear by simply having a single cost for expansions. If you buy RoF after a certain date, and since it is the same price, they should just make the new expansion and the old one the same.

So I think you should have done your homework before you decided to buy, but you also have a reasonable case for SOE to just upgrade you to the new exp once, and either refund the amount or apply it to another account. My own experience is that they tend to handle these things pretty reasonably.