Call of the Forsaken is coming! Game Update: Monday, October 7 @ 8pm Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Piestro Augur

We should have pre-orders available until the 7th (today).
  2. Falos Augur

All of today till servers come down for the patch I assume? Or are you saying pre-orders will be disappearing in a couple hours?
  3. Piestro Augur

We'll probably keep them up all of today (or at least until the servers come down).
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

What is SOE's vendor name for MasterCard?
  5. Piestro Augur

We're doing some maintenance at the same time, making sure everything is nice and shiny and ready for the new expansion.
  6. Malbro Augur

Does that mean the chat channels will be more stable and not come down all the time?
  7. Fendy Augur

Replacing the hamsters /nod
  8. Toquillaw Augur

No, Piestro only said "shiny and ready". I think its just the old hamsters with new spit and polish. :p
    Piestro likes this.
  9. gcubed Augur

Step 1: Bring down the servers.
    Step 2: Apply xpac patch (will take about 2 hours).
    Step 3: Test/validate patch (will take about 12 hours).
    Step 4: While patch is being tested/validated the systems people will be doing the following:

Step 4a: Shave the hamsters in preparation for polishing.
    Step 4b: Clean hamsters with Murphy's Oil Soap.
    Step 4c: Spit on now nekkid and cleaned hamsters.
    Step 4d: Slather melted, clear paste wax on hamsters.
    Step 4e: Buff waxed hamsters, repeating steps 4c through 4e until a high shine is achieved.

10. iniari-TR Augur

"it rubs the lotion on its skin ! " :eek:
    Piestro and Mithrandyr like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

14 hr is not a record. In the old days, in was normal for the servers to come down at midnight and open in the evening, 15-18 hr downtime.

And yes, Euro guilds get the short stick again. But hey, if they don't care about the 1% (high end raiders) anymore, why should they care about 0.1% (i.e. Euro high end raiders)? ;) Casual players in Europe will have the servers up right before prime time.
  12. Stubar Augur

Only one thing to say to that...HAHAHAHAHAHA...sheya right.

14 hours isn't tooooo bad, IIRC Shadows of Luclin patch was much longer.
  13. Sinestra Augur

Horrible idea to take down the servers so early on an evening.
  14. Zuriela New Member

Hey, sorry and I'm sure this has been answered but I wanted to check. Someone told me if I order this expansion I'll get the others I'm missing? (17 of 20 unlocked I think in game it says) Thanks
  15. gcubed Augur

CotF comes with all previous expansions. When the credit card transaction is processed (not when you order) your server select screen will show 20 of 20. (Something funky happened this year and people that preordered got access immediately, which isn't suppose to happen and probably will never happen again).
  16. Zuriela New Member

Thanks!
  17. Fenrizar New Member

Incorrect. I recently returned and only had 18/20.
    I wanted to go to shards, so last night I bought CotF expansion and it told me I only had 19 and wouldn't let me zone into Shards.

I had to log back out, go and get RoFear to get the 20. Then went back in and could get in.

So yeah.. Sony botched that one. CotF does NOT come with all 20 expansions.
  18. Izcurly Augur

No, you just didn't get RoF at the time you ordered CotF, because you weren't supposed to actually receive it until midnight tonight when your card gets charged. So what you actually did was choose to pay twice for RoF just so you could access it a few days earlier.
    Toquillaw likes this.
  19. Krendos New Member

Thanks! I was going to be bummed if what the prev poster said was true. I was hoping to get RoF with the pre-order. I haven't played this game for like 11 years, but coming back to it has been pretty fresh. They have done a lot of good things to it since I have been away. :)
    Toquillaw likes this.
  20. Mary Poppins Augur

Usually you don't get the older expansions until the new one you ore-ordered goes live. It was mentioned some people might've gotten early access to existing expantions this time around, but I guess that didn't happen with you.

Unfortunately, I think you just spent extra money to get access to RoF a day earlier than you were going to. :(