Call for New Community Round Table Members

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Associate Producer

Hello everyone!

We are once again looking for a few new faces (and perhaps some returning ones!) to round out the membership of the Community Round Table. Similar to previous recruitment cycles, if you think you’ve got what it takes to assist the Dev Team when they have questions, here’s your chance!
    Note - if you're a current member of the CRT, you do not need to fill out this application again; you're automatically considered for the new term. If you do not want to participate again this year, please send us a PM and let us know.

To apply, simply post in this thread with the following information:
    • Main Class
    • What level is your main character?
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)?
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table.
    That’s it! We'll be gathering applications through Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 5:00pm Pacific*.

Potential applicants will have their forum posting and in-game behavior reviewed to determine eligibility in the program. Not all eligible applicants will be selected, so please understand that if you are not chosen this time, you are free to apply again next time we have openings.

More details about the purpose of the program, as well as frequently asked questions, can be found here.

Finally, this thread is for applications only. Do not post in response to anyone’s application or to comment on a particular applicant or the program. If you want to comment on an applicant or the program, please send a message privately to the Community Manager, as this sort of communication is not suitable for open forums.

Thank you for your interest in the CRT, and good luck!

*Convert to your local time zone.
  2. Shang Augur

3. Mykaylla Augur

Main Class: Psycho Cleric, aka Mykaylla Gilthoniel, priestess of Tunare.

What level is your main character: currently at level 100 with around 25000 AAs (these forums won't let me edit my posts constantly to keep it updated!).

What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, other classes at max level with a reasonable degree of competency, PvP, etc.): Probably too much! I've raided for over a decade, sheesh, with family raiding guilds, midtier guilds, server-top guilds, and at the so-called "bleeding edge" top serverwide, as member, officer, class leader, strat team, and general dogsbody, depending on the time period. I like pushing limits to see what crazy things I can solo, or duo, or group, with my friends. I have grandmastered tradeskills more times over than most people would consider sane. I have an enchanter and paladin on the same server that are over 8500 AAs each, another character on another server that has been a class leader in what would be termed a "family raiding guild," that retired the raiding part a year ago in a grand send-off, as well as incognito non-twinked soloing toons, and a couple of characters on Fippy- I play at many different levels of gear and resources (except plat- I'm perennially broke). I enjoy decorating in housing, both in the traditional "house" sense (My home, Alexandria, has what I believe is the largest unique library in suburban Norrath to date), and in finding new ways to stretch the limits of the incredibly flexible housing system, and as such am a contributor to the Gnome War on Xegony, which I've given guided tours around, to player, guide, GM and dev alike. I used to play on PVP servers prior to the first Great Server Merger, and I putz around in the Arena on "blue" servers and laugh at people that tell me they're going to kill a cleric. I've been involved in beta since GoD, and I love helping in it, even on the "boring" things that don't give tokens. I'm an active participator in things like IRC AA chats. I like finding out information, and to that end, I pick apart all manner of parses. I'm also a "roleplaying nerd" (shh, don't tell anyone), and all of my characters have histories. In case you haven't guessed from everything I've written so far, I also have an interest in talking in EverQuest! I've volunteered myself for advice in tells and on these boards, and I join serverwide class channels and the like regularly. I love lore. I think one of the greatest things about Norrath as an enduring setting is the sheer body of lore, and it's not unusual for conversations in ventrilo to start off with "Mykaylla, tell us a story..." I finally made it to Fan Faire last year, where I co-hosted a player panel with Beimeith and Qulas, while Piestro made fun of my AA count, and earned Dzarn "like" stickers for baking (one was stolen by an unnamed corrupt individual, but you know who you are. o_O )

Please write a short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table: What I can say most on this is why I wish to be involved in the Community Round Table. I truly enjoy this game. I know it's popular to say that the EverQuest sky is falling and that we stay for the people, but I really enjoy this game. When I really enjoy something, I like to immerse myself in it and learn, so my natural propensity to absorb and pass on information gets to run rampant in EQ, both specifically in the aspects of the classes I play and the content I interact with regularly, and in the general sense of the game itself. I have no real interest in trolling boards, and my post history reflects that. The current CRT members that I communicate with, I get along with just fine, but I also feel that I have a voice, knowledge, and experience that is distinct from theirs. If I can help contribute to this years-long hobby, then I would like to do it.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

• Main Class: Piemastaj, Magician.
    • What level is your main character?: 100.
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)?: I currently raid with Realm of Insanity. When not raiding I mainly solo with the occasional group. I have a 95 Bard, 92 Ranger, and a 90 Shadowknight. I am also very active among the Magician community having done most of the parsing and written a few guides to better inform the community.
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table.: I have played the game from a strict solo/grouper into a hardcore raider, so I am aware of issues on both sides. As I said I am very active in the Magician community, and enjoy helping other players out learning better ways to improve their characters. I feel with my knowledge of my class and the game in general I would make a good fit and be able to provide reliable feedback to help improve the game. Thanks.
    Eubedyen and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Main Class: Wizard
    Level: 100
    Interests:
    • Raiding: I have raided every expansion since Planes of Power.
    • Grouping: I have done group progression for every expansion since Planes of Power.
    • Tradeskills: I am 300 in all tradeskills with maxed trophies.
    • LORE! I love all lore in EQ, though my specialty is PoP-onwards (especially all things Discordian).
    • I also play with a decent level of proficiency: Warrior and Enchanter

I believe I would make a good fit with the Community Round Table for a variety of reasons.

Outside EQ:
    • I am active on these forums where I try to represent my class and myself in an open-minded manner.
    • I operate both the independent Wizard Forums and the Progression site that tracks the achievements of any guild that wishes to participate.
    • I have written (non infringing and above-board) programs to assist others in their gameplay.
    Inside EQ:
    • I moderate both the new serverwide Wizard class channel as well as a seperate serverwide chat channel that people from many different guilds and classes join.
    • I keep in contact and in good relations with many people in many different guilds across all of EQ so I think it is fair to say I have a good idea what the salient issues of the day are.
    • The last several rounds of Beta I have been fortunate enough to have access to I have done my utmost to test and report issues/bugs as well as offer suggestions to increase the enjoyment of everyone.
    In short, I take my Everquesting seriously, am very knowledgable about the game, and would like to use my knowledge and experience do my part in continuing to keep Everquest the best MMO available.

Beimeith
  6. Elenwyyi Augur

Main Class: Druid
    Level: 100
    Interests: Raiding. PvP. Zek server.
    CRT: Although I have a variety of interests in game and play several classes (cleric, wizard, sk) at max or near maxed level (also a variety of lower level alts), the main reason to put me on the CRT is so that Zek server and people who want to PvP in EQ have some representation. I've played and raided on blue servers, but Zek is my home.
    Mellifleur and Jefferz like this.
  7. Dexella Associate Producer

I updated the main post, but just in case:

Note - if you're a current member of the CRT, you do not need to fill out this application again; you're automatically considered for the new term. If you do not want to participate again this year, please send us a PM and let us know.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Tanecho Augur

• Main Class - Monk
    • What level is your main character? - 100
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)? Primarily raiding, I maxed all tradeskills long ago but haven't actively tradeskilled in years. I have a bard at 100 as well.
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table
    I served as a primary raidleader for 2 years, so I bring a lot of knowledge not only from my class but from a class synergy perspective as well. I have never been a bleeding edge raider, but have tended to find myself in a guild occupying the 2nd-4th spots for server progression. I'm currently not what you'd call a casual player, but I'm not a hardcore raider either. I generally raid 3 nights a week, and may log on for a few hours of grouping or alts otherwise. I like to think of myself as someone who is reasonable and able to think beyond my own personal agenda, and above all I think it is important that this game is fun for every class solo, grouping, or raiding. I have played other MMOs but I keep coming back to this one. Outside of EQ, I work as a business process analyst, so I think taking a large amount of information and distilling it down to its important points is something that comes naturally to me. I think that would make me valuable as a conduit for the monk community.
    Imuu and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  9. Maereax Augur

• Main Class - Monk
    • What level is your main character? - 100
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)? I currently am and have been a top end raider on and off for four years. I have also done mid level raiding as well as solo/grouping while not in a raiding guild. I am a master artisan, I do enjoy a good pvp bout every now and again, and have a slew of alts between level 95 and 100 too numerous to list. I also frequent GM/guide events and try to be involved in the EQ community, both on these fourms, on reddit, in serverwide and general channels and on fansites.
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table. I want to help improve and represent my class. I've been playing the game for a long time and it truly is one of a kind. I know a great deal about the game and am always looking to improve and expand upon my knowledge. I've had experience with almost every other class in the game (12 of 16) and had multiple 'mains' over the years, though never left my monk for very long. It has been a long time since the monk class has had representation and I'd like for that not to continue. I most of the time try to be a level headed and reasonable person, and I understand that starting fights or letting a conversation get heated rarely gets anybody what they want out of a situation.
  10. Darrkin Skies Elder

• Main Class: Bard
    • What level is your main character? 100 (Max AA)
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)?
      • Trade Skills all Maxed
      • Exploring
      • Raiding
      • Group/Solo Tasks
      • Shaman LvL 100
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table.
    I've played EverQuest since the beginning in one form or another With my constant Main as a Bard. I've played every class either in Raids or simply in group content. I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to make things work with any class I am with or playing. I love trade skilling.
    I run the Bard Class Forums The Concert Hall I've led my Guild through raids in the past 5 expansions and Lead my Class within my guild. I've participated in beta since the beginning and will continue to put my request to assist in beta as long as this game lives. I have assisted in beta the devs with raid functions and tasks often and provide feedback whenever I see something that may be an issue. As a bard I perform differently with different class and with that need to have extensive knowledge to make sure that that interaction is as good as it can possible get. With that knowledge I always ask questions and try and gain insight to help make the classes all work better together whether it be dps adps tanking or what ever. With a strong focus on Class interaction I think my in-depth knowledge for the game and the classes could provide a great deal of help with the game moving forward regardless of the class I play. I am always in the serverwide.bards channel
    oblib, Pirlo, Narye and 9 others like this.
  11. Lifeshriek Augur

Main Class Bard
    What level is your main character? 100
    What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)? Raiding, collecting clickies and other items that I believe increase my dps, utility, and level of fun while playing the Bard class in the group and raid enviroment
    A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table. My bard Lifeshriek is a member of Realm of Insanity, with max assigned AA currently. I think I would be a valuable addition to the CRT program as I am a good listener but can also give feedback when needed. I enjoy playing the game inside and outside of raids, though I do get more of a thrill from raiding. I enjoy helping others when I can as well. I have provided feedback in beta this past year as well as well as participating in the last few. I can usually be found in the serverwide.bards channel also. Norrath is a second home for me in many ways.
    Trikkii and Darrkin Skies like this.
  12. Tegila Augur

• Main Class: Shadow Knight
    • What level is your main character?: 100, beyond max aa
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)?: Raiding but not at the bleeding edge, including leading and finding strategies for; all tradeskills maxed even hybrid research and class/race specific ones on other toons; PvP: nope, definitely the only part of game i have zero interest in; Classes: have 100 Ranger 10k+aa that i enjoy playing at all levels, 100 Druid that has raided and has decent aa's but not a keen interest of mine, and 100 bard who is a fun toy but much farther behind in aa/knowledge. Beta-testing, and Housing- I have built several guild halls of varying types and own a dozen or so houses all with different methods of decor. I enjoy helping new and returning players get their footing and get to a point where they can feel useful in the game, and hopefully be self-sufficient, and seem to be the in-game wiki on my server that many ask when they want some random answer to a question, and if I don't know the answer I do know where to send them.
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table.: I am a "newer" player to the game in that I started post-TSS, so while I am well-experienced, I have a different perspective from many who began in the beginning. I can see strengths and weaknesses within the game, but am never one to yell "the sky is falling." I can be quite passionate on principles that effect the game or the community and am not apt to just write something/someone off after one glance, but rather dig deeper to understand and find solutions to issues. I have found not everyone likes that about me, but not everyone liked MLK or Ghandi, and there were many followers of Hitler, so detractors are irrelevant. I interact with players on all levels of the game and in all aspects and get much feedback about game concerns directly or indirectly. I greatly enjoy the game and though I have played several others of the genre and found enjoyable aspects in them all, nothing else can keep me interested like EQ can. This game is so multifaceted than anyone open to exploring those facets will never run out of things to do, even if those that focus on only 1 or 2 of those facets may. I'm always looking for ways to enhance the game's desirability to the public both in game-play and means to market it conventionally or unconventionally, and want to be able to assist in keeping it alive to at least its 20th anniversary, whatever that takes.
  13. ieaien_bertox Journeyman

• Main Class: Druid
    • What level is your main character?: 100
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)?: One main interest I have in EverQuest would definitely have to be raiding. I like focusing on events until we get the strat figured out. I have also put a lot of focus into tradeskills. I believe I have a lot of knowledge of the tradeskill system and am always looking forward to new things to craft. Another interest I would say I have is Epics. All but my gnome have attained their 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0. Alongside my druid, I have a 95 bard, a 73 cleric, a necro in her 80s, a 70s enchanter and a gnome wizard that is my tinkering bot.
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table.: The reason I would make a good addition to the CRT would be that I am a well-versed all around player of the game. I have been playing EQ since the release of Omens of War, but I have also spent a lot of time exploring older zones. I have taken part in flagging and keying for every expansion from PoP up to RoF. I would like to be able to apply my love of the game to helping the development team to continue to expand on the world I like to call my second home.
  14. Belair Stormwalker New Member

• Main Class: Druid
    • What level is your main character? 78
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)? I enjoy soloing, and playing with friends. I enjoy working on trade skills and have lately been having fun grinding out AA's. I enjoy coming into EQ and having a good time. If that means spending a few hours teaching a young player (Druid) how to play his character properly, or spend the day in Katta killing some big lizards, it is all fun.
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table. I have been playing EQ since either 2001 or 2002 and I have loved it from the very first day. I loved it so much, that I joined the Guide Program back in 2003/2004. I love Guiding as well back before the Guide Program changed to doing special event. I really loved helping people and was well respected for the time I was in the Guide Program. I was away form the game from 2004 to 2007 while I was over in the Middle East working for the DoD as a Network Administrator for the Middle East Theater. I paid for my account the while time I was over there but I could not get a connection good enough to allow me to play, but I have been playing as much as I can not what I am back only and have the time. I had to upgrade my Video Card and will update the rest of my PC in the next month or so and then I will be online and in game much, much more.
    • I am an old timey Druid and believe the group always came first and that if I need to die to save the group I would without complaint, but usually I came up with ways to save us all. I would like to use some of that ingenuity to try to help save EverQuest.
  15. Rten New Member

• Main Class: Monk
    • What level is your main character? 100
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)? I have been playing EQ since summer of 99. My main character is a GM tradeskiller. I have played as an end game raider for many years, but still enjoy playing many alts (multiple accounts) and the group game. I have been an active member of the community and have been willing to back up my thoughts with parsing and testing to confirm my assumptions. I have spent a silly numbers of hours doing quests, missions, and enjoying the game.
      I believe the goal/role of the CRT is give feedback and insight from the perspective of a player and with a focus of a specific class. I have an extensive background in IT management and large scale software development/deployment. I am comfortable being part of a team who shares a common goal even if they have differing individual objectives. I am hopeful that SOE can recapture the vision which allowed you to have a comprehensive strategy and a well-articulated approach to developing the game. You have an amazingly knowledgeable user base who understands the mechanics of the game with a clarity only accomplished by enormous hours of experience. Please feel free to look for my posts on monkly-business forums under the user name of Rten. If you plan to use the CRT as a part of your overall strategy in helping to shape the game, I am interested in participating. If the CRT is designed as a symbolic gesture or is part of a marketing effort, please skip my application.
  16. iniari-TR Augur

Main Class: Wizard

What level is your main character? 100

What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)? I have been playing since 2004. primarily I have been a raider - The hole being my very first raid and have been hooked ever since. I also do quite a bit of grouping for tasks / xp as well as moloing content. I play only one account and one toon. I have experimented with a few other classes.

A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table.
    I believe I would be a very good member of the CRT team for my class. while I do not study spreadsheets for max dps , etc I am interested in the things that make playing my class fun.
    I also take an opened minded and critical view of any changes to the game and seek to understand the reasons why and what affects they will have to the game.
    I have traveled and xp'd extensively in every zone of the game over the years and played with players from all levels.
    I admit I have been tough on development decisions and will continue to be so. I do respect the long hours of dedication they put into this game even when I belive their decesions are the wrong choice.

I intend to continue playing Everquest for as long as its running - hopefully years to go.
    and look forward to seeing what comes in the future and wish to be a part of that process. I have been a part of the beta process a few times - as an individual and as part of a guild and enjoyed greatly assisting the developers with the game.

thankyou very much for consideration ,

iniari
  17. Axxius Augur

Info:
    • Main Class: WIZARD. Lv 100, max AA.
      Primary interest: raiding. I lead raids in a high end guild.
      Secondary interest: group content. I play a lv 100 Enchanter and a lv 100 Bard together with my Wizard.
      I have a lot of ideas on class and content development, always participate in beta testing and provide a lot of feedback, focusing on bug reports. CRT seems like a better way to deliver feedback than in-game commands or forum PM to the devs.
  18. Mellifleur Augur

• Mellifleur , 100 Necromancer, 15,000 AA
    • Interests in Everquest are Finding the little Niche's and Hidden Numbers behind the scenes. Crunching Data to Find out what does what and why. Never afraid to ask the questions others are afraid to ask and never afraid to do the tough things others shy away from. I have been at the end game and still remember the 4 hours it took for me to get out of Neriak back in 1999.
    • I play group game most of the time and raid when life permits. I will sit in raid instances well after the raid and start the scripts on my own and find the little hidden things that are missed in the large scope of things. I consider myself a community member and leader, always sharing the information I find out through experiences and talking with others, to help other players reach potentials they never realized. For these reasons I think I would make a good Representative as a CRT member. Those that have spent time with me in game getting to know me can speak on behalf of how I am always there to listen and help them overcome an obstacle or learn something new about an AA or Encounter, group and raid. Some do not agree with me on some directions or ideas I have for the class, but the first rule I have understood for many years in this game is you cannot please all of the people, all of the time.First Day in Everquest: November 21st, 1999. Necromancer since day 1. I have a 100 Bard as well and am always learning something new every day about the bard class ( Siren + Sonic = Batting Practice ). Wifep lays an 100 Enchanter and 100 Ranger and she has helped me understand a great deal about both of those classes as well. But as far as game mechanics, I am always out there trying to get into the muck and grime of the numbers and scripts. I am an avid and continued contributor to many sites and this forum as well, for helping others learn a bit more about Everquest and to enjoy the game, first and foremost.
  19. Noobieguy Augur

Main class: Necromancer

What level is your main character: 100 with AAs maxed

What other interests do you have in Everquest: For the first 9 years I played strictly with friends and enjoyed the group game. For that last 2 years I have given the raiding game a try and have really enjoyed it. Raiding, grouping and helping friends, finding new challenges and playing multiple characters are what I find enjoyable. Also have a level 100 SK, 96 Cleric, 95 Shaman, and 95 Beastlord.

A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table: I have played both the group game and the raiding game, and enjoy many different characters. I am very proficient at my main class, and have some experience with others. I would like to help improve the game in any way I can by helping test and giving feedback to the developers. Can't think of a better way to do that than to join the CRT. Thank you for your time.
    Forcallen, Vivamort, 7thNecro and 6 others like this.
  20. Gragas Augur

• Main Class Berserker
    • What other interests do you have in EverQuest (raiding, tradeskills, PvP, other classes at max level, etc.)? Raid with ROI, max tradeskills, never really got into PVP except Best of the Best Tourneys, have a 100 shaman and a 100 wizard. Have retired a 85 SK, Cleric and bard. Have played EQ since 1999 and thoroughly enjoyed the journey.
    • A short paragraph describing why you would make a good fit in the Community Round Table. Berserkers need a CRT that will help developers understand how our class performs and not just base future weapons/AA's etc. on one parse on a rooted mob.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.