Calculating Differential Gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ~Mills~, Apr 25, 2019.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

Ngreth can you please add +20 hsta to this augment? And all caster augments going forward as these are the only augs that get one heroic stat for any user and casters really only get use out of hsta, (hint or hwis) and hagi. No class benefits from both hwis and hint being on an augment.

Calculating Differential GearAug: 7 8 ID: 160659
    MAGICLORENO TRADEPRESTIGE
    Slot: All except Charm, Range, Primary, Secondary, Ammo
    AC:45HP:440 + 4/tickMANA:610+ 6/tickEND:610ATK:33
    WIS: 0 + 20INT: 0 + 20CHA: 0 + 20
    Heal Amount: 60
    Spell Dmg: 60
    Clairvoyance: 85
    Required level of 110.
    Class: All
  2. Duder Augur

Not a terrible idea for caster augs in the future, some hsta
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

He did add Sta to the TBL caster augs. That's why there are Lore Group augs so you can't stack the Sta from the Caster augs and the Sta from the melee/tank augs. I've only seen one GMM aug with Sta so far and that's the Jetsam one. Maybe he could add Sta to the Caster one and make it lore grouped with the Jetsam one but I don't see him just adding Sta to the Caster one.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

Correct thats what he did for TBL but TBH its just silly. He is worried casters might stack an extra 50 hsta if they suddenly had 3 expansions worth of augments like this which nets a flat amount of hps. And yet with mudflation in hdex and other stuff people run around gaining 100 or more every expansion when you factor in trophies, full sets of gear, etc that add to crit rate and proc rates. How is a bonus 500 hps gonna really impact the game? When you have tanks running at 400k hp pools and melee classes at or just below necro crit rates thanks to how much hdex is to be had everywhere.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It's not that you can stack them with previous expansion augs, they just don't want 1 expansion worth of augs to exceed however much. If they continue with the TBL model then next expansion you'll have a whole new set of caster augs with Sta to replace old ones with.

I'd love to see Hsta on the Caster aug with no restriction, I'd camp it in a heartbeat. But if they add it with Lore Group I wouldn't want it and I think that's the point, we're already at the max they want available at once.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

But its a silly line to draw.

Tanks, melee or hybrids all typically want the same things. Or at least benefit some from both the heroics on those augments. They are free to stack as many AC+hdex+hsta augs as they want with other hsta+hstr augs as well as hagi+hdex augs as well as with hdex+hstr augs. No one aug is only granting them 1 heroic stat and despite the fact they are "exceeding" stats by using 3 archtype augments worth in some cases for every tier of every expansion in many cases.

Even if he made no lore group and a caster aug with hsta on it anyone that used every hsta augment available is seeing 50 hsta in total extra. And any archtype is giving up a little something more inline for themselves for that tiny extra which adds nothing really in game. But every caster being absent a second heroic stat for every tier and multiple expansions does add up.
  7. kizant Augur

If you count the augs on raidloot that have both hint and hsta vs those with like hdex and hsta the numbers are pretty close. Like 7 of the top 20 vs 8 of the top 20. I don't know any melee dps that's interested in anything but hdex and you could argue that casters benefit from hagi too. Either way I don't see them changing their position on this and it's a pretty minor thing.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. ~Mills~ Augur

Not everyone has every augment yet so I am sure more people then not in game are missing some or a few of the perfect augment set. Which brings a few more tank and melee AC+hdex+hsta from other expansions into play than their are caster versions. And casters are only sitting where they are currently because 3 of the augments, almost half, are from the same request being made in TBL beta. The caster augments should not have a single heroic stat on them when every other archtype augment has 2.
    Yinla likes this.