Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Pistols4Pandas Elder

[IMG]

Cactiikii on 3/5/2018 in 115sec

Total
    --- DMG: 25082122 @ 218105 sdps (218105 dps in 115s) [100%]

Cielli
    --- DMG: 23574298 @ 204994 sdps (210485 dps in 112s) [93.99%]

I wasn't standing close enough to Log anything but my own Direct damage. Safe to assume all 3 Mages did roughly the same spell DPS. Plus 2-3 Servants per Mage at 15kdps each, Servents of Ro @ 30kdps, and Main pets at 25-30kdps each. So 800kdps'ish. 90 Million Hitpoints? Is my best guess.

Mage 3-Box w/ 3 Reactive Merc healers. EM 18/19 w/ RoS T1 group gear. 20k AAs
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Belkar_OotS Augur

Thank you all for the suggestions and for posting the additional information. It should help me construct a better plan in a controlled environment and hopefully execute better. Cheers!
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

Are you straight burning the name or are you killing the sprout? I switced my shaman out tonight for an enchanter and charmed the initial add. Ended up getting locked with no deaths at about 17%. Convinced I could do it but not positive straight burn is the way to go verse killing a sprout.
  4. Pistols4Pandas Elder

I completely ignore all of the adds.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Tucoh, have you tried boxing EoE or BoP yet? Think you and pistol have proven this is doable.
  6. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

If you are good at boxing this is the easiest mission around. Takes 35secs to kill and move on. Pinyata fest. As for all the other missions they too are easily boxed and have been covered in other threads.

Keep in mind when I say easy that is only if you are efficient at boxing and can actually burn hard on demand. I 6box and put out 2M dps on my group burn and could probably push it to 2.5m if I wasn’t so lazy on using my bard and enchanter optimally.

This is with a fully group geared setup minus my war which is raid geared. War, clr, brd, mag, wiz, enc.

Melee dps get the shaft on cactus due to needles while casters laugh to the chest spawn.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

BoP is easy box or not box. Both cactus and EoE are harder.
  8. Tucoh Augur

9. Tucoh Augur

Nice work, your setup is really impressive.

I bet your team can do End of Empire, but you'll have to figure out how to balance mobs which means you'll probably have to consider giving up alliance. The trick to that mission is hiding from the NPCs.
  10. Fohpo Augur

Any particular reason for the wiz over another mage? I've been toying with starting a caster lineup, utilizing sk, bard, shm, mage, mage, and I'm thinking of adding a 6th.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Stacking mages is pretty strong right now, but I'd be really worried about over-specializing, because you're one mage nerf/bug away from heavy reduction of capability.

Fortunately, once you get a solid box team up you can pretty easily level up and gear other characters, so it wouldn't be so bad if they say, broke mage alliances for a few months.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

True, I keep toying around with sucking it up and staying with a melee crew or not. Having a full aDPS melee box group and possibly adding a BST sounds fun, but I just worry it'll be overly tedious. Maybe trade a mage for a wizard and go with a well-rounded range group. Who knows, eventually I could do both like you say.
  13. Vaeeldar Augur

Well i just finished the mission relatively easy with a straight burn on the named. Pure group gear (aa 20k to 27k on the sk):

necro, mage, ench, bard, sk and cleric meric

Only had one add pop and just did a hard burn with a charm on the initial add. Typically I run a shaman in the place of the ench (my other box group is ench, mage, pal, wiz, wiz) but found the charming made it easy. Going to running through with the shaman again later today as I now have the approach down. Still not a huge fan of this mission but with the original group I think I can put it on farm status at least.

Also I need to parse my necro but I'm starting to think I should switch him out for a wiz. I don't think the dps is where it needs to be.
  14. Tucoh Augur

A big problem with the necro in a boxed group is that the better your boxed group gets, the less the necro can contribute because mobs die too quickly. You can kind of offset this by pulling 3+ mobs and having your necro DoT the mob you kill last, but that has its own problems (split DPS, split aggro etc).
  15. Sancus Augur

In fairness, you can stack any DPS class and benefit from Alliance since every class has one. Mages are probably more conducive to stacking because they synergize well beyond alliance, but adding 2-3 Wizards is probably a comparable or better option in a more complete box team (where tanking/cc/healing/etc are already accounted for).

I'm sure 3 mages can complete most content, but there definitely are weaknesses that a character of a different class would help cover.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Sancus always out to make people believe mages are underpowered, zerkers should have learned something from him ;)
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not to mention if you fight anything fire immune, of which there are a good bit in RoS, your team’s dps is reduced to the levels of 3 heroic Rangers with auto attack going.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Sancus Augur

Mages aren't underpowered, they just aren't the end all be all of boxed DPS either.
  19. Vaeeldar Augur

Yep the other issue is frankly the shaman has become kind of sub-par since the dot nerf. I don't really need the extra healing for the most part and the ench, even with a bard is dramatically adding dps to the box group compared to the shaman. I tried the mission again with shaman replacement and it doesn't work. Easy with the ench though.

Anyway the necro was my original char I've kept him through nostalgia more than anything but I think it's time to retire him for a wizzy - the necro just doesn't work well in group game for a variety of reasons.

The other fun thing is my second box group has a wizzy on the bard account. If I switch the necro to wizzy I can run run sk, ench, wizzy, wizzy mage which will be very nice dps also - I just don't like lack of selos.
  20. Fohpo Augur

What's immune to fire in the RoS group game?