Bye Lon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Sobmre Augur

Was pretty sad in trade chat the last few mins watching the server go offline but I had fun with the last 24 hour trade fest that happened, to bad dbg didn't put some fake going outta biz signs on it years ago. Also alittle dissappinted that the Devs didn't do anything special in the last few hours.

Thinking about the last 24 hours of massive Lon traffic in trade, itt really showed there is a huge want for something like Lon that just needs active development, perhaps a good app maybe? Or let players make something, image the press eq would get if they opened Lon to the public.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Very very very few players, if any, cared about the card game itself. They just wanted loot cards.

Do not confuse trading loot cards for actual playing of the game...
  3. Tsolaes Elder

Yeah that sucked that DevJChan in the chat room just said "goodbye all, thanks for playing, RIP LoN" and didnt give out anything or chat with us. Just shows that no one at Daybreak really cared. It was really nice to get all the free loot cards from people giving it away! And there was a small group of people in the casual room that were always up for a 1v1 or 2-4 player raid.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

JChan does a ton for this game. She was busy...she has her hand in may things that make this game still playable. Don't you dare say she does not care about this game or the players, ever.

Please pass the salt.
  5. Brohg Augur

I'll miss the game
    Orbital101 likes this.
  6. Tsolaes Elder

Jhenna, I never said JChan didnt care about EQ or its players, I was referring to LoN and how it was shut down with no fanfaire at all. How do you know they were busy? The least they could've done is maybe chat with us or offer freebies the last hour or so.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

LoN was running on fumes ever since the Denver studio closed, which was, what, 5.5 years ago now?

I had to pinch myself to remember to login once before the server died to open any packs and grab any unclaimed loots. Was hoping to get a Kiss, but oh well... I did get a raptor mount thing that makes my screen shake like mad when it moves, good grief.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My apologies then. You'll find many players are JChan groupies ;)
  9. Honeybadger New Member

I'll miss LoN, I was very active from Oathbound through Travelers or so, mostly dealing with trading loot cards though, very limited on actually playing the game, other than some scenarios. I already miss having the music from the standalone client playing in the background :( RIP LoN.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

LoN wasn't a good card game compared to other TGCs.

However, it was our card game, and that is why I liked it. It's really a shame Daybreak is just going to let it rot away, instead of preserving its legacy in some form. I know that card drops and card scenarios were handled server side, which means Daybreak would have to release the code behind it. That takes time, time is money, I get that. But I wish the final solution didn't come down to totally eradicating it.
  11. Tsolaes Elder

Would've been nice to give us an offline client that we could still play scenarios with, or look at all the pretty art in our collections. Or let someone else host a private server. How much could it possible cost to host the game?
  12. Captain Video Augur

They resurrected Landmark and made it a $10 B2P on Steam. Given that, I'd consider it more likely to see them resurrect Free Realms than LoN. :)