Buying older expansions ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rhedd, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Rhedd New Member

I am back after a really long break from EQ and I can not find the list of expansions I own or a place to buy them individually . I own 21 of the expansions . Can someone please tell me how to view them ?
  2. Goneamuk Journeyman

At the server select screen, it'll scroll how many you own and it'll list what you own and THEN list what you're missing.
    Rhedd likes this.
  3. Thesehips Journeyman

When you get to the server select, you'll see the scroll bar thing scroll through itself with what xpacs you have.
    To get up to date with having 24 / 24, you'll just need to buy the newest xpac and it will catch you up.
    OldThaargor and Rhedd like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You cannot purchase an individual expansion, you must purchase the latest to get any of the ones your missing. All Free accounts and returning accounts (Silver) were granted the 21 that you have.
    Rhedd likes this.
  5. Rhedd New Member

A lot of those expansions I bought and were not granted , but I understand what you are saying .
  6. Warpeace Augur

Basically you no longer can buy them individually. Now you buy the current expansion and that includes all the previous expansions with it.

Towards the end of an expansion year they have been selling the current expansion at about 50% off and I think that expansions upgrades also at the 50% off price.
    OldThaargor and Rhedd like this.
  7. Thaargor Blademaster New Member

Old returning player here from Mithaniel Marr 1999/2000 - left in 2005 with a silly expansion question clarification. If I buy the latest expansion (ROS at the moment), it's my understanding that it will give me access to that expansion's content along with the other 2 or 3 that were not "grandfathered in" but it will also qualify that account for whatever past claim items came with those expansions? And you can still remain a f2p account. Is the presumption correct or am I missing something?
  8. Schadenfreude Augur

If you buy RoS then you gain access to all expansions that account was missing.

Regarding rewards it depends on the claim item, you won't get any 'pre-order' bonuses for example but you do get everything else that came with the base expansion purchase post release.

You can remain F2P but all the usual exclusions regarding spells, AAs and gear apply.
    Thaargor Blademaster likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I, myself, asked this same question as I have accounts that were not getting /claims from past expansions when purchasing current one. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-do-you-really-get.245885/

In a nutshell: No you do not get any claim items from past expansions, only the most current one. You get what they say, access to all previous expansion content. So you can go to those zones. You do not get all the extras when you purchase the expansion late unless its the current one..
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes sadly the best you can do is buy the latest expansion and get all the older ones but none of the bonus items from the older expansions.
  11. Thaargor Blademaster New Member

Thanks all. Appreciate the clarification.