Burn Help!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurmoon, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Aurmoon Augur

Help! I was confused before, but with the recent changes to some of the stacking I’m completely confused on how to maximize burns. I’m on Fippy so characters are level 95. Here is what I’m trying to coordinate. I imagine we should break it down into two separate burns, though we have no idea how to best do it. Generally the Ranger and Wizard meaningfully out-parse the Mage and obviously the Bard. Thanks so much everyone – I feel like we’re missing out on a lot of DPS due to coordination.

Shaman:
    - (Group) Epic 2.0

Bard (Melee):
    - (Group) Epic 2.0
    - (Group) Fierce Eye
    - (Group) Quick Time
    - (Group) Second Spire
    - (Songs) Aria + War March + Arcane + Suffering + Fire Dmg Bonus + Regen
    - Dance of Blades
    - Thousand Blades Discipline
    - Glyph of the Cataclysm

Ranger (Melee + Arrow Spells + Ash):
    - (Group) Auspice of the Hunter
    - (Group) Group Guardian of the Forest
    - (Group) Second Spire
    - Guardian of the Forest
    - Epic 2.0
    - Outrider’s Attack
    - Outrider’s Accuracy
    - Warder’s Wrath Discipline
    - Glyph of the Cataclysm

Wizard (Alternating Ethereals + Force of Will):
    - (Group) Epic 2.0
    - Second Spire
    - Prolonged Devastation
    - Fury of Ro
    - Enlightened Focus of Arcanum
    - Improved Twincast
    - Glyph of the Cataclysm

Mage (Spear / Bolts / Jolts + Force of Elements):
    - (Pet) Frenzied Burnout
    - (Pet) Virulent Talon
    - Fire Core
    - Elemental Union
    - Enlightened Focus of Arcanum
    - Improved Twincast
    - First Spire

- Glyph of the Cataclysm
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Goth Augur

I have no idea really anymore.. I quit trying to squeak out every bit of DPS. Just click crap and go.

Tank+Healer+CC+DPS stuff dies fast no mater what.

If you can 6 box basically use 3 wiz mercs on that first group and the other group 3 Caster DPS classes and 1 healer and 2 more wiz mercs..
  3. Sancus Augur

Don't use Elemental Union and Fire Core together, use Fire Core first and Elemental Union after it wears off. I don't know the passive crit chance at level 95, but my hunch is that with Bard Epic (+12%), Fierce Eye (+10%), Auspice of the Hunter (+27%), you're probably at or basically at a max crit rate, making First Spire redundant (and therefore better used when Auspice wears off).
  4. Hiladdar Augur

Consider incorporating / or using the following for a ranger level 95:

Imbued Ferocity
    Bullseye Discipline
    Volatile Arrows
    Glacial Arrows
    Frost / Flaming / Poison Arrows

GGofF does not overwrite GotF, but it can be cycled in after GotF wears off.
    Bullseye will last longer then Warder's Wrath, and outrider accuracy can be cycled afterwards
    Imbued Ferocity does not have any conflicts
    Consider using Third Spire (the group one) or First Spire in lieu of second spire.
    Volatile / Glacial Arrows increase the amount of damage the mob takes from Fire / Cold spells
    Frost / Flaming / Poison Arrows adds proc to your bow shots

Key is knowing what stacks with what, and what amps your group up and which of their spells / clicks / AAs amp you up, and who has what running at what time. The other factor, a ranger should consider is if they are going to melee or range dps. That will help you determine if your line up of spells / AA to maximize your burn. In fact, be prepared to alternate between the two as needed, and tweak your clicks based on how are fighting.

Regarding spells, take a look at Provoking Shot, Swarm of Sand-Wasps, Vespid Swarm, Rime-Laced Wind, and Summer Squall. You may not have room on your spell bar for all the spells, but if you know what your are fighting and how you are fighting it, as well as the mobs special resists and vulnerabilities, that will help you determine your spell line up for a specific event. Finally consider using poisons or potions on events.

There is a lot more, a ranger specific form such as outriders would be a good place to start figuring out what stacks, and what the optimum sequence of clicks should be, and how to best integrate and optimize a ranger in a group or a raid.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.