Bugs with SK AA - Hate's Attraction, Visage of Death

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xerzist, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Xerzist Augur

Hey guys,

I just wanted to point out something I think potentially is a bug.

Hate's Attraction: This ability is suppose to pull the mob to you. It seems 6/10 times when I use this on a mob the mob doesn't get "brought to me" it disappears, runs around, and then even de-aggros. Or -- the worst part is it will wander off in the direction of other mobs.

Visage of Death: This turns the SK into a zombie and increases DPS for a short-time. This spell unfortunately does not over-ride the gixblats illusion (skeleton form) that comes with the SK mana-regen spells or any other illusions for that matter.

This is kind of a big deal because if I attempt to cast Visage of Death -- and don't realize I am in skeleton form -- it resets the ability and I have to wait for the timer all over again (even though the ability wasn't actually activated).

Any other opinions on this?
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

Anything that impedes the mob's travel to you while it is airborne via Hate's Attraction (low ceiling) has the potential of messing it up.
    Rank 1 also had issues which caused it to function abnormally but not sure if that ever got looked at/corrected.

As far as Visage of Death is concerned it can also not fire because of low ceilings (not an open enough space for the illusion to take form so it fails).
    Other illusions could/would block (at least) the illusion portion of VoD.
    The illusion and the actual dmg modifier are in the short-buff window and buff window, respectively.
    Visage of Death Effect in the short buff window can be blocked so that you never run into stacking issues again. Everything will still work as it should but you simply wouldn't have the zombie illusion anymore.
    Black Soul likes this.
  3. Mulleteer Elder

Many sks intentionally cas skelly illusion and shrink in skelly when using visage. With zombie being so tall you can get yourself ducked then killed using it. Being shrunk in skelly form solves this probelm
  4. Xerzist Augur

Hmm....

Well for Visage of Death -- I understand that I can personally block buff components. But, the main issue is that if I cast it with an illusion up / on horse etc or just in general: If it fails, I have to wait 30 minutes to use it.

The effect is never applied despite the illusion not being applied either. It just fails, and you wait 30 minutes.
  5. Mulleteer Elder

it is two seperate buffs, if the illusion part gets blocked the damage part should not. each buff goes to different windows/
  6. Mulleteer Elder

horse no clue. i have never bothered to visage on a horse
  7. BoomWalker Augur

First, hasten your VoD...it should be must shorter than 30 mins....

Second, block the VoD illusion...it is meaningless and can cause issues as others and you have pointed out...

Third, buy all levels of HA.

Lastly, a mount causing it to fail huh? Will have to ask SK's I group with...but have never heard of it being an issue...but they all have the illusion blocked so maybe that is part of the reason. Shrug.
    Black Soul likes this.
  8. Jonny Panic Augur

If you're having issues with Hate's Attraction, buy rank 2.

Think of HA as putting the mob somewhere within a circle around you. The circle around that you that HA rank 1 can put the mob in is a bit larger... trying to compare game distance into real terms, imagine that HA rank 1 will put the mob somewhere within ten feet of you... but if the landing point HA picks for the target conflicts with a wall or other interfering bit of terrain, it can cause the mob to warp.

However, HA rank 2 and up will put the mob more like somewhere within three feet of you. Since you are likely not too close to a wall or other interfering terrain, this makes it much less likely that the landing point HA picks for the mob will have a conflict. However, you may not want to try and use it while standing on a steep slope that the game could confuse with a wall.

It's worth noting that all levels of HA after rank 1 use the same small landing circle, so more ranks will not further improve it's accuracy. Rank 2 tightens the circle, but further ranks just increase the hate generated.
    Black Soul likes this.
  9. Black Soul Elder

AWESOME!

I solo almost exclusively so there's no point for me in spending AA's on increased hate as the HA description says. HA rank 2 suddenly jumps up close to the top of my AA shopping list.

Also had read about problems with the VoD illusion and didn't like the long recovery time so I never bought it. I'll move that one up near the top of the list now too.

Thanks much for this thread, made my EQ day!
  10. Kurayami Augur

Actually, HA is a very important to get up there, both in hate and reduced timers, is extremely handy for pulling, snap agro in a raid/group, and also for when you decide to start using a wiz merc on burn, ALL the time!

VoD is awesome as well, if 2.0 makes you go super saiyan, well VoD would make you go SS4(including you use 2.0 with it). Very much worth blocking the illusion portion of the buff, it causes more issues than it is worth.