Bugged Crestra's Earring quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

So, I'm stuck on the Gorowyn step of the quest. I did not see that a "collect" stage of the quest did not update (even though I myself made the sub-combine with it). Now I already have the Intricate Crestra's Earring in my inventory but my quest still says I need to create one. I see no way through game play I can just redo this myself. I was unable to get a GM to fix my quest...

What happens if I just drop the quest? Will the prior earring be placed in my inventory, so I can just redo the entire quest?

This tradeskiller is not going to be a paying customer anymore if I'm unable to get them to fix this quest. I'm livid right now.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh, and just because I know these boards so well I'm going to head this off at the pass: I use an audio trigger of Danny the Tourette's guy yelling "UPDATE!!" set to "has been updated" because it makes me laugh picturing that goofball wearing his trench coat with tube socks on emulating Robert Stack (god rest his soul). Every collect stage on this quest triggered that AT. This is *NOT* player error, this is a bug. That AT fired when I placed every bit into their respective trade skill containers, the update lied and never really happened. Peace!
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Nay. (I like your AT tho and sorry you ran into this)

Same thing happened to a guildie, I thought he petitioned and they reverted it back or something so he could re-do. Will ask later.

Also, was your petition dripping with anger and disdain? Have seen GM’s be....less than helpful based on the language, and you mentioned being livid...
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  4. Thrillho Augur

Tomorrow's patch:
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. Bregan D'aerthe Journeyman

Just want to point out that it is totally safe to delete the earring and start making another without any active quest.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I can confirm this. I actually had the same thing you are describing happen. I just deleted and remade it up to the point where i needed to "create Crestra's XXX Earring" and it then updated the current task i was on.

all the recipes are already in your JC container just hit combine on them. with the items
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Thanks, I totally missed this. GM's don't read patch messages, apparently.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My petitions never are. I'd go so far as to say they're almost butt-kissing in nature lol

This is the first issue I've ever had that wasn't resolved the next day when I've petitioned something.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Then you must consider yourself lucky and privileged - very much so, indeed.
    Neither me nor anyone i know has really ever (well, not in the last two years) hhad their petition answered with a day.
    Usually it takes 2 to 6 weeks before there's even just the first response.
    Then, depending on the issue, it's either resolved immediately though (item issue) or only after another four weeks of back-and-forth communication (housing).
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

My petitions are usually answered within 24 hour and resolved shortly afterwards.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Guess that's some "yet another AB issue" then perhaps...
    Or some 2-class customer handling (even though we pay our fees like anyone else).
    The shortest i've had to wait was like 3days or so.
    The norm has been well over a week, more like two weeks.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This patch "fixed" the original poster's issues.
    Closing this since it has devolved into complaints about CS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.