[bug] WindowedHeight cannot exceed 1054 pixels

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by brianbaligad, Mar 29, 2014.

1. brianbaligad New Member

Dear team, the height variable for window mode is stored in eqclient.ini as "WindowedHeight." This variable cannot be configured to exceed 1054. When the variable is changed to a higher value (e.g. 1080), the game resets and rewrites the value to 1054. This causes a bug when resizing the EQ window to fill the screen without any borders. If the window is resized to exactly 1920x1080, then the mouse pointer will be offset incorrectly by 26 pixels. You can reproduce the issue by changing the WindowedHeight to 1080, and restarting the game client. You can also test resizing the game client window using common tools such as those listed here: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/a/17307

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Let me guess you're monitor's resolution is 1920x1080. The 26 pixels are the game's way of keeping the window from doing things which could make it impossible for a person to get out of the game without closing it completely. 1054 is just the value that yours defaults to; if your max was 1680x1050 then that max height would be 1024; and so on.
  3. brianbaligad New Member

Hello fellow player,
    I don't believe this is true. The incorrect pixel offset is due to the game compensating for the size of the title bar, and possibly the window border. When the title bar is removed, the incorrect mouse offset of 26 pixels occurs on a 1920x1080 screen. These 26 pixels have nothing to do with multitasking.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

It will, or close to it. mine is 1071. Part of it is a Vista/W7/W8 setting, other part is EQ in game setting.

First, you need to tame Windows some :)

In Windows, do you have the Taskbar setup for auto hide?

Do you have Windows setup to disable auto snap windows when it close to the edge? Right click on desktop, Personalize, Ease of Access Center, Make it easier to focus on tasks, check Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.

For EQ, enable window resize so you can move the windows a tad then uncheck it. I also have Overlap Taskbar unchecked (as I have taskbar set for autohide) but check it so that the taskbar does not limit the bottom of of the EQ window if you do not auto hide.
  5. brianbaligad New Member

Sarkaukar, I can confirm that your workaround does indeed solve this problem! With the following setting in eqclient.ini, the game client does not rewrite WindowedHeight to a smaller value:
    Code:
    AllowResize=0
    I'm left to wonder what the developers were thinking when they implemented this behavior. In any case, thank you very much for your assistance.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

Happy I could be of assistance. Remember, the initial part is the Windows OS settings. When I previously installed the trial versions of Win7/8 I had to do some searching to resolve that issue and found it on other gaming forums. EQ wasn't the first nor will it be the last to be affected by Windows default settings.

As for the allow Resize in the game, it allows a player to use a customized-sized window (that does not directly correspond to the in game video settings) by dragging the edges of the game window then turning it off to prevent the mouse from grabbing the edge and resizing it again.