bug report for f2p

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Urlourd, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Urlourd New Member

I've submitted a couple of bug reports of recent and nothing. Since I'm a f2p player, do they not answer?
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

Where did you submit the bug reports? Free-to-play or all-access doesn't matter when submitting bugs.

The preferred method for "New" bugs since the last patch is here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/test-update-notes-and-bug-roundup.10/

You'll find a number of threads; find the latest Live bug thread (if the bug is on Live) or the latest Test bug thread (if the bug is on Test).

For older bugs you can use the Daybreak Games Communtiy Issue Tracker (DGC):
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

It's recommended that you use a different name/password than your official DayBreakGames account login.

If you submitted your bug via one of the above methods, it's likely it won't get an immediate response, but it should get seen by the developers.

If you used the /bug command, that's generally of limited functionality; use one of the above methods instead.

The more clear, detailed, and concise you can be with your bug report, the more likely it is to get fixed. Being extremely specific, even beyond what you would normally consider to be enough information, is helpful. The DGC Issue Tracker submission form has some good guidelines for bug submission, like reproduction steps, relevant screenshots, etc.

Hope that helps!

Edit: If this is a character specific bug and you petitioned Customer Support, just be patient. The CS queue is generally pretty long and it can take time (sometimes multiple days) to get a response.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you sure you want a bug report or a petition?

For example I purchased something thru Daybreak store and did not get it so I filed a petition and it was fixed within 2-3 days (I got the item since logs showed I did buy it)

On the other hand one of my toons did the quest "Bristlebane Gift of Laughter" which is only available once a year and where you are supposed to get the suffix of "Insane". After completing it my toon did not get the suffix but did get everything else so I filed a petition. I was told by CS that they can not fix it and to file a bug report. I filed a bug report. I highly doubt it will ever get fixed and it has not even been looked at since I filed it in April.

I am sure this whole forum community would try to help if possible.
  4. Urlourd New Member

I looked at the petition and it had very specific areas for submission. This didn't seem to fit into any of them. It could be that allakhazam is wrong about the quest too. Even though I did the quest, it maybe that you still have to be an all access member to get the reward. Regardless, I would like to be answered when I have a question about an issue. If they want me to become an all access member, they need to show me that they care about their players. I'm going to try the link that was provided by user Gotwar and see what happens. Thanks for your reply, btw.
  5. Urlourd New Member

Thanks for your idea for the bug tracking. In it I was able to find the answer to my question about the quest. Here's what I found:
    - All characters can now participate in the Heroic Character quest granting access to Journeyman Tier 5 mercenaries. Speak to Investigator Drolmer in Feerrott, the Dream to receive this quest, "No Heroism Without Fear." Note that account access restrictions still apply and you will need to have an All Access account to use the highest tier mercenaries.
    There is some confusion as it starts out saying all characters and ends up saying there will be restrictions. It shoud start with "all access characters" to make it clear. Anyway, thanks again for the link.
  6. slayerofbats Augur

I've reported a bug (and a solution to it), in game, on the forum, on the bug tracker website, and to 3 different devs. Zero replies from any of those things.
  7. Grove Augur

In game there has been a way of reporting an unfortunate mechanical incident. Just do /bug. This has never resulted in a report back to the one who placed the report. I consider it a community service. Management thoroughly monitored these reports and worked on them. Currently there are other ways of reporting as mentioned above where progress can be followed.
  8. Herf Augur

My eyes are getting old. I thought the thread title was Bug report for Fap. No, I'm not joking