Bug on one account re Quest requests

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lilaxe, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Lilaxe New Member

On one of my accounts, when I talk to a quest giver and get a quest, once that quest is finished and Im ready to move to the next quest in the series - the giver will not give it to me. I have to wait until my timer is up, then request the first and second, drop the first and do the second - then I have to repeat this for 3rd quest, 4th etc.. on another account, the character is given a menu selection of quests available, be it either just the first quest, or the 2nd or 3rd etc.. and this menu selection box is never given to the other account.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why wait for timer? Just end the quest once all steps are green and reward is given.

Which quest in particular is this happening on?

Does the second character have more progression done for the series?
  3. Lilaxe New Member

If a quest giver has 4 quests in its series, for example.
    I take quest Q1, finish quest, get reward/achievement.
    If I then try to get the quest giver to give me Q2 in the series right away, it will not. It will only offer me Q1 again and again. I have to wait on the timer for Q1 to run out, at which point I can then ask for quests, but, I have to accept Q1 before it offers me Q2. rinse/repeat for all quests in its series.

When I try the same quest with my other account, the quest giver gives that character a task selection window, so that she can accept whichever quest in the series she is ready for. that task window never appears for my other account.

account with problem is one that was started in 2000, one without problem was started 2020. if that matters/helps

it happens in all zones, all quest givers that have series' of quests where you have to complete them in order

hope that helps
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are these solo or group tasks you're doing/requesting?

I'm a little confused when you say "timer". Do you mean the request timer?

A screenshot might help.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, that would help if you could at least give us a specific string of quests this is happening on.

If your not getting a selection of tasks that are in a string it is usually because that character has not met the progression steps.

Do you mean the timer like "you can repeat this quest in 6 hours"?
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you using a custom UI? Missing a UI component or something? Maybe you are blocking some kind of confirmation prompt or its off screen?
  7. Kroolhand78 New Member

I had a similar problem with quests. It turned out to be a file error. I sent a report. They told me to delete game and reload. There is a way to preserve your hot keys etc but I didn’t understand how. I deleted the game and reloaded it and it worked fine.

Since I didn’t know how to save files (or whatever the solution is), I used my phone to take pics of macros, binds, spell sets etc before deleting.
  8. Lilaxe_Drinal New Member

sorry for delay, cant log back in under old name.. had to make new forum name.

Its not custom UI, plain original UI.

I have this problem on only 1 account. I have 1 gold account (the one with the problem) and 3 free accounts which do not have this problem. 2 of the free accounts used to be Gold.

On the accounts without this problem, when the quest giver offers the quest - and its the 2nd or more in a series, a window opens showing a menu of the quests I could select.

On the account with the problem - this menu is never given. Only the quest confirmation window the "task window" where you accept or decline all. This account is never given the menu showing all quests available. it happens in all zones - deluge, endless caverns, frontier mountains, CoV, ToV.. all of them.

ive just gone to Vasyryx Teken'tlar in FM with stacks of quest items from Droga. She has 4 quests in series, you do #1, you get offered #2. So I take quest #1, hand in the webs, get xp and credit for quest. I talk to her again, and when I say "can do" she only offers me quest # 1 again, but I have to wait 24 mins for it. If I wait the 24 mins, and accept Quest #1 again, I can then immediately ask for quest #2 and accept it. This goes for all quests in an arc.
  9. Lilaxe_Drinal New Member

Im running 4 accounts on the same program and its only happening with 1 account, not all of them

10. Lilaxe_Drinal New Member

Vasyryx Teken'tlar

just gathered some briarwebs, went to her. said "can do" got offered 1st quest, accepted. handed in the webs, got xp. talked to her to get the 2nd quest, and she just offers me the 1st quest again, not in a menu box, just the task box. Because Ive just done quest 1, i cant retake it but must wait. If I wait to get quest 1 again, I can accept it, then get offered quest 2.
  11. Lilaxe_Drinal New Member

Solo tasks. Ill post up some screenshots if I can work out how. looks like I have to host them somewhere first?
  12. Lilaxe_Drinal New Member

I have to wait for the timer because the quest giver will not advance to the next quest in the series, it just offers me the first quest again, so I have to wait for the replay timer to run down, then I can ask for quest 1 again, get it, then ask for quest 2. If I decline quest 1, and use the phrase to request a task, I am still only offered quest 1 - I MUST accept 1 again, to get offered quest 2.

On my other accounts, they are given a window offering them a selection of the quests available to them - be it only the first, or all 4 or 5 in a series (if they have the prerequisites) - the account with the problem - never gets this menu selection in any zone, from any quest giver.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you need to pull the line down to make the task/quest window larger so you can see the other possibilities?
  14. Lilaxe New Member

the window where I have the option to accept the task, or decline it, is very big and its the first window given. Im not given a window with a list of tasks
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

16. Velisaris_MS Augur

It almost sounds like you're not actually hailing/triggering the quest NPC to give you a list of tasks, but just saying the trigger phrase to grab a particular task.

Can you give us a specific NPC/quest line you're having an issue with? A screenshot or logfile would really help.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Read up - he gave

ive just gone to Vasyryx Teken'tlar in FM with stacks of quest items from Droga. She has 4 quests in series, you do #1, you get offered #2. So I take quest #1, hand in the webs, get xp and credit for quest. I talk to her again, and when I say "can do" she only offers me quest # 1 again, but I have to wait 24 mins for it. If I wait the 24 mins, and accept Quest #1 again, I can then immediately ask for quest #2 and accept it. This goes for all quests in an arc.
  18. Lilaxe New Member

yep. that is the window all 3 of my other accounts get, but my main account does not. its like it skips past that window, to automatically force me to take the 1st quest in the list
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, didn't see that.

Been a while since I've done any EoK stuff. I'll have to run a toon out there and see exactly what the text is saying.
  20. Lilaxe New Member

CatsPaws likes this.