Bug in Artifacts of Great Importance (Dead Hills HA) and related rantings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gialana, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Gialana Augur

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Bugs forum since this is not necessarily a bug from the most recent patch. Also, I submitted an in-game bug report.

Artifacts of Great Importance was offered as one of the daily HAs, so I took up the challenge.

I received the version of the 6th step "Ingest large amounts of living fungi to gain special sight 0/6"

I started collecting the living fungi, killed the named that happened to spawn, and finished collecting all 6 living fungi. That was finished about 45 minutes into the adventure. But I was not able to "ingest" these items by right-clicking on them. I tried from inside a bag and from a top inventory slot. Also, I tried logging completely out of the game.

So I had to drop the mission, but there was no point in repeating the mission in case I was given the same impossible step, wasting another 30 minutes. Frustrated, I logged out of the game.

Since the majority of experience gains were moved to the completion of the HA, it's unacceptable that there are heroic adventures that are impossible to complete because of buggy steps. I wasted 45 minutes of my playtime and have one, maybe two AA to show for it. The only reason I went to the HA was because it was one of the daily HA. Now I will not set foot in it, again, unless the bug can be fixed.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  2. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Back when I was still willing to do HAs, one of my most frustrating problems was being unable to complete the task due to group members leaving, getting disconnected, bugged tasks, etc. Usually by the time I had given up I was several hours in with very little to show for my effort.

Sometimes it's just not possible to complete the task and by the time you get to that point, you've probably died multiple times trying to molo your way through the content. Sorry about that.

One particularly bad spell for me was 2 nights in a row of wasted time at which point I was ready to punch whomever led the change to move all xp to the end.

That's also when I realized game decisions were being made by people who did not actually play the game.
    silku likes this.
  3. Absor Developer

I have a meeting in, like, 8 minutes, so I can't look into this in detail. But I suspect if you target yourself while right-clicking the shroom it might work.

A
    Riou likes this.
  4. silku Augur

This.
    Iila likes this.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

I will not do any cooper HA's unless someone needs them for achievement partisan/merc/hunter, because they buggy and 60%+ a waste of time because they bug out. I am getting that way with some of the bixie ones because of mobs you need spawning under the world/getting stuck.
    silku and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  6. Gialana Augur

I appreciate your looking into this, Absor. I can't say if I had myself targeted, but it's doubtful. That's not something I would have even tried since all food items are consumed either automatically or by right-clicking them (no matter the target). I realize living fungi are not food items so shouldn't be consumed automatically, but the word "ingest" suggests a food-like quality.

Now I typically only look at the steps in the quest window and not at the detailed information in the lower part of the window, so I can't say if the information is already there. But players must really target themselves to ingest the mushrooms, and if it isn't already listed in the window, could that information please be added?
  7. Gialana Augur

I think you're just expressing your displeasure with other Dead Hills HAs, but just in case it's not clear to others, Artifacts of Great Importance is given by Skulk the Madaxe.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Yes it was to show that the one you are talking about is not the only one that is bugging.... a lot. Which has been brought up many times before, but nothing has been done.
  9. Giraffeman New Member

I did this the other day. The quest clearly states target yourself and click fungi.

User error not eq's mistake this time lol
  10. Gialana Augur

The task step itself only says to ingest large quantities, which implies a simple right-click. Unfortunately for me, many years ago it seems that the bottom part of the quest window only contained general text and lore, so I got in the habit of never reading it.

However, I primarily look to Allakhazam's for quest steps that are unclear. The line I read just said to right-click the fungi. But a couple lines up says to target yourself. EQResource also says to target yourself. So it's my fault for not reading more carefully.

I'm still upset that I wasted 45+ minutes with nearly nothing to show because of a strange requirement and a change in the HA exp structure, but I'm now mostly upset at myself for not seeing the information that would have allowed me to progress the quest.
  11. beryon Augur

From what I see in-game, the moving of xp to the end is having the opposite of the desired effect. Even more people are only doing Gribbles now, because they're afraid of getting zero xp if they try something else.
    guado, Iila, Gialana and 1 other person like this.
  12. Absor Developer

While that isn't the most elegantly designed task, it does tell you how to do it.

Certainly it is important for us to make things as reasonable as possible (this shouldn't really require targeting yourself), but we can't force folks to read the instructions. :)

A
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  13. guado Augur

*ports to WK to check the daily*
    Hmm.. no Gribbles
    */camp desktop*
    Sheex, Rorce and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  14. storms New Member

I disagree personally, I have now got a list of missions I can complete successfully with just me, my friend and two mercs. Espionage starts at home - Bixie Warfront for example, I have found to be easier, faster and worth almost twice as much as Gribbles.

I think the difficulty also depends greatly on group makeup. For example Bixie Warfront is easy for us because of the enchanter and crowd control, whereas Dead Hills might favor tank and spank with real tanks and clerics.

Either way, I have personally gone from running 10 Scouting Aheads per night to rotating through Daily HA's and several Bixies and Into the Hills, which is great because I was really sick to death of Scouting Ahead because that's what *everyone* always wanted to do.

I have to give a great big thumbs up to the devs for this change, I think people are only complaining because it forces them to move out of their comfort zones and explore new places, whereas the devs know the truth when they see the statistics behind the created instances spread.

(Oh and several casters don't scale their spells down to 75 well. An alchemist in Bixie instance nuked me for 21k at 75 and Xuluous spellcasters commonly chuck instant-cast 7k dots on me which is really frustrating when I pull by group AoE mez and they somehow all cast a dot on me each even though they are all mezzed *boggles*)
  15. TalaelcaranBB New Member

Who in EWK has the daily HA quests?
  16. Gialana Augur

Guard Hamarn (Daily Adventures). He's on the plateau above dragon and portals.
  17. Darkark Augur

He is also listed in your find window (Ctrl + F) under Daily Adventures ... just select him and you'll get a path taking you to him.
  18. guado Augur

People don't want to leave their "comfort zones" because they don't want to waste their time. Like in the thread here.///////// And here. //////////Not everyone has unlimited time to play (I'm not insinuating you do) so we go with what works ;)
    And for silly things like the bixie spells you mentioned above.