[Bug] Chat window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Posted this in a the bug forum but apparently that is a forum violation. :rolleyes:

All my chat windows are bugged and now have a double headers, which leaves less room for chat.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Custom UI?
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Oh, you're saying there's now a Header title + the Tab title, ya, that's inentional, you can add multiple tabs to a single window
  4. Jondalar Augur

Doubt it. Its how this new feature works. If you have say Chat 2 as a window you now have a title bar saying Chat 2 and a tab within it saying Chat 2. That default is pretty disgusting and never should have left test.
  5. Nudia Augur

Sorry Yinla, I half-jokingly posted something there and I think a few other semi-related posts got nuked when mine did and I got my warning.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What?
    Why would they force us to have 2 headers that say the same things? Which leads to less chat space.
    This is going backwards, can't they just leave things alone? It was fine as it was!

This is nearly as bad as them removing the potion belt!

if it ain't broke don't fix it! :mad:
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

You can rename the window "Chat Channels" for example, and then assign tabs to specific (infrequently used in conjunction) chat channels, like loot channels or chat channels for separate raid crews you play with etc. It's a functionality improvement, I'm sure they'll tweak it a bit as they receive feedback
  8. Riknag New Member

I have to agree that this was extremely poorly implemented. The tabs should be integrated into the headers and not take up precious real estate. They should also not appear unless a window has more then one tab already. I have multiple windows that I monitor for crucial information such as shout, yell, OOC and more. These windows will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER Fricking EVER need any other tabs and show anywhere between 3-10 lines of chat. The tab takes away 3 lines + on all of these windows. This is absolutely uncalled for. they need to integrate the tabs into the thin TITLEBAR that has plenty of room for such things instead of using up 4-5 times as much room with no purpose.
    Ariele likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

Yes, this is a problem, please add the option to remove tabs so that our windows can remain as is if we wish
    Yinla likes this.
  10. svann Augur

see chat faq thread
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Everything worked fine for me, but my chat windows already had been renamed from years before. The change today preserved all of those names.

I did change those names today, but those name changes all worked fine. And the tabs I created in one of the windows were successfully renamed as well.

So, unless you really want names like "chat 2" and "chat 3", give everything names you like, and you should be good to go.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If I use pre patched
    EQLSUI_ChatOptionsDialog.xml
    EQLSUI_ChatWnd.xml

files in my UI will it give me the windows as they used to be?
  13. Ssdar Augur

14. Brohg Augur

That's a fine idea for managing the 30ish extra channels above the 10 we're capped at…