Buffed Velious NPCs on Progression servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Prathun, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

i can see Wuoshi, and lord Bob receiving the buff so that they only spawn in the main pick, as with Vindicator. However these mobs were always 1 groupable even when velious was live. Their encounters were very comparable with Lodizal.

I think a lesser version of the buff should be applied to these mobs, including Lodizal (so they only spawn in the main pick) that keeps them as encounters for smaller parties.
  2. yerm Augur

Please don't buff HOT named (other than Doze), the armor farms shouldn't need massed numbers like the actual raid content. On the other hand some of the bigger TOV mobs seem to be missing, such as Telk and Eashan - I can offer my suggestions later if someone else doesn't, I assume it's just an oversight due to the sheer volume of targets here.

Wuoshi may be an issue depending on just how severe the buff is. Port to WL and evac used to be doable relatively safely (assuming evac hits you) because he wasn't that brutal; with too much buff he could potentially clobber any comers regardless and its not like his loot is that good to justify it. I suppose RF can beta this and see!

Would you mind telling us what the "expected" relative number goal is for these targets now (or a couple key ones)? Will something like a Tormax or Zlandi be feasible for a few groups or are you pushing for a larger numbers need?
  3. Darth Augur

54 to 72.
  4. Finley Augur

Wuoshi is a bit of an interesting choice. He'll presumably spawn often and if the loot quality to effort ratio is too poor then it'll make porting into Wakening Lands a constant danger. Hopefully all you rangers and druids have enough clout to get your guilds in there to kill him frequently :) Maybe all the foot traffic to PoG will keep him dead.
  5. Weebles Augur

As a member of a quality over quantity guild...

You guys aren't making mobs harder, you are just making them require more people, there is a difference.

All these buffs do is require 3 more clerics in the CH rotation and 15 more dps on the raid. The mob is 0% "harder".

Not everyone enjoys raiding with 60+ people, please keep that in mind.

Just my 2 cents.
  6. Lifebane Augur

All this talk of Velious is giving me a stiffy. Phinny needs to skip Kunark and jump straight to Velious imo.
  7. Weebles Augur

I hope you are right, Yawg!
  8. yerm Augur

I'd put down money that at least one mob (if not several) do not die without 60+ raiding it for AT LEAST a month if not all of velious.

I disagree on being punished more. If you are doing an 18 person raid with 18 people and you goof and take a little damage and maybe screw up positioning it can hurt far more than a 54 person raid doing 54 person tuned content and outright dying to your mistake. I have not gotten the impression of increased difficulty from any MotM mob so far, just increased numerical need and no pet walling. GoD originally threw really difficult content at players and among the hardest were single group trials and among the least forgiving were BIC mini-raids.

Darth, where is that number from?
  9. GrugSA Augur

Mobs i soloed as an SK during PoP

Lodizal
    Wuoshi
    Kelorek`Dar
    Zlandicar
    Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Mobs that can't be slowed and 2 rounded me after my SK had Quarm loot.

The Avatar of War
    Lord Vyemm (and two guards)

Glad to see such a wide range of mobs made the list, you guys obviously put much thought into this
  10. Darth Augur

Current raids on live are tuned for 54 people.

Raid tool holds up to 72.
  11. yerm Augur

Right, I get that, but current raids on live Phinny are not balanced for 72 - they can all be done with less (and excepting bees MUCH less). My question is what their numeric goal is - are they trying to make AOW take 72, 54, or what? Are they intending to make KD take 2 groups instead of 1, or 4-5 like vox/naggy?

Or to put it another way - if my guild raids with 3-4 groups obviously NTOV etc are closed off, but is everything else too?
  12. yukan Augur

Ikatier the Venom is also not on the buffed list.
  13. Bewts Augur

My HOT named question was clarification to make sure you don't need a legit raid to simply farm that gear where a named spawn shuts down an area of the spawn. My hope is they leave HOT named other than Doze unbuffed.

I do sort of wish they'd leave more than just Turtle Soup without motm. There's enough content that you don't need to format brush every mob with motm that historically was doable with less than 52 in a raid.
  14. Semah Augur

Ring war only in main pick is painful. I understand there's a cross-zone connection due to consequences of a loss, but still...
  15. Tudadar Augur

Do the top guilds really have problems getting 60-72 people including alts in raids? If you cant kill these mobs and dont want to use alts then another guild that has higher numbers or is willing to inconvenience themselves using alts will kill them for you.

This is kind of interesting. It seems like they are using the buff on some of the mobs to prevent them from being mass farmed in picks which is really nice.

Id also like to know if timers are being shortened. Lots of people are asking the wrong questions I think. Its not about if your guild can kill the buffed version its more about if your guild can get a chance to kill the buffed version through faster repops imo.
  16. Lifebane Augur

If you have to ask yourself this question, you are doing it wrong! Phinigel, bruh.
  17. Prathun Developer

Yes, I've added that to the main post. These NPCs will spawn more frequently as well. Thanks for the reminder!
    Tudadar likes this.
  18. Tyraxor Augur

He never was happier to copy & paste.
  19. Lifebane Augur

Prathun is old school, you know he typed that from memory!
  20. Prathun Developer

Thanks, Lifebane! I did type that in, not copy and paste. :D
    Fanra likes this.