Buff Bot

Discussion in 'Priests' started by BlackButler, Mar 20, 2017.

1. BlackButler New Member

Not sure this is the place to post this question, but oh well. I just finished PLing a bard - and interested in creating a buff bot. I have a enchanter already, so was thinking about PLing a shaman for buffs only. Just a quick question - how much of a benefit does shaman buffs add?
  2. Lubianx Augur

Of all classes, Shaman buffs are probably one of the most wanted.
    Unity line, Talak'Tak (sp), Haste and Regen (when not in a shaman group) are all desired buffs
  3. Brohg Augur

I'm most frequently lacking ranger buffs - definitely heroiced one this week
  4. BlackButler New Member

How's that ranger as a box? So far it's my bard and war... find it hard to three box and get much out of the third..
  5. kookoo Augur

adding a boxed 3rd toon is much stonger for a boxer , adding 2 more in group ( player and merc ).

some class don't even need to be really active , if in slacking mode or just not good at 3 box ,
    bard or ranger ranged shooting arrows can be good one as well...

you already playing a bard and can just singing, so it leave you to only have to check one toon,( your warrior ) would be very easy imo to add another toon, only have to check 2 toons is pretty simple while 3rd one only follow / singing

btw casters are much easier to box,,target mob and cast 5 spells hotkey.,
    ranger should be pretty much easy mode too,( never boxed one tho ),
  6. Tucoh Augur

As for buff bots in general, I'm also wondering about this question. I'm pondering whether the hassle of logging on a 105 buffbot character (or several), teleporting to a campfire and dropping buffs on us then logging out is even worth the time if you have a bard in group.

3boxing is super powerful in this game vs 2boxing because:
    1. You get another merc like kookoo says.
    2. If you're 2boxing a war/bard (which it seems like you are?) adding a 3rd means you can add pure DPS (that's got good ADPS from your bard). If you add a DPS + DPS merc, you'll probably more than double your DPS. (Until you get so geared you're running your warrior in DPS 2H mode all the time, it's ridiculous).

Rangers are the easiest DPS to box. If you use inner space, you don't even have to switch to them, just hit a hotkey from your warrior that inner space sends to your ranger to assist your warrior, autofire and use a few abilities. Like any class you'll never hit the skillcap while boxing at this level, but you don't need to.
  7. Tereil Elder

Shaman buffs = lots of value. Loving my new shaman buffer, who is becoming integrated into my box group.
  8. smash Augur

No idea what inner space is, but if it is 3rd part software then it is illegal.
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Agree on the Ranger for /autofire. Add wiz merc or rog merc on either balanced or burn and you can increse group dps alot! I useta bot a couple toons back in the day, i'm sure if i wanted I could do it again, just enjoying the old monk/merc combo and grouping with frinds and guildmates it enough today.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I don't really want to derail this thread (since it's not directly talking about boxing), but:
    And even if it wasn't used, rangers are very easy to box by switching to that instance, hitting one macro and enjoying autofire.
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  11. Kyrstin New Member

I 3 box with a ranger, druid, and chanter on the same computer. Ranger has a Journey 5 healer merc, druid Has a Journey 5 Tank and my chanter has a melee merc. Works out really well. Chanter and druid are mainly there for their mercs and buffs (and a quick evac and extra heals from the druid if needed). Ranger pulls and then beats on them or does range attack. I have been through a few DH HAs like this and haven't died yet lol ~knocks on wood~
  12. BlackButler New Member

So what buffs are better? I'm guessing shaman...
  13. Tucoh Augur

Let me get the ball rolling with some half baked ideas, from a warrior and berserker's (the two classes I'd want to buff) perspective these are the long-term buffs you'd use a buff bot for.

Shaman: Preeminent Foresight, Doomscale Focusing, Mammoth's Force, spirit of dedication
    Beastlord: Spiritual Vivification, Focus of Okasi
    Ranger: Strength of the Copsestalker, Bellow of the Predator, Copsestalker's enrichment, cloak of nettlespear
    Paladin: Brell's
    Cleric: Surety, symbol of nonia, ward of the ardent
    Druid: shieldstone blessing
    Enchanter: Hastening of Prokev
    Mage: Circle of Flameweaving

Of course there's conflicts with the above, but I don't really understand them fully. Here's my guess of what I'd bother with assuming I had a full team of buff bots:

Shaman: Preeminent Foresight, Doomscale Focusing, Mammoth's Force, spirit of dedication
    Ranger: Strength of the Copsestalker, Bellow of the Predator, Copsestalker's enrichment, cloak of nettlespear
    Cleric: Surety
    Enchanter: Hastening of Prokev

I think all those buffs stack cleanly, but I'm not really sure.

Corrections to this posts are desired, I'm out of my league.
  14. Brohg Augur

only missing Tala`Tak for long(ish) term buffs :)
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. SevrinSevendust Elder

Buffs I would miss the most in any group dynamic come from Shaman and Enchanter, and the class I don't like to run a group without would be a bard for the pure adps and ease of boxing...They are the Energizer battery for Mana Regen and making everything go faster. With the heroics last month, I'm now working on a shaman and Enchanter outside of my normal group slots so that so that I can expand on some different group dynamics without loosing Shaman or Enchanter buffs. Now if only EQ would raise the fellowship # past 12 please.
    Kallitank likes this.
  16. Kallitank Elder

Would LOVE to have fellowship number extended.
    SevrinSevendust likes this.