Bst vs necro

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by FL!P, Dec 18, 2020.

1. FL!P Augur

Which one does content better? Im looking to try and solo/molo my way to lvl range of everyone else. And be able to do whats needed to have the gear and AAs to be effective once there.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They have very different playstyles one is almost exclusively melee the other almost exclusively ranged, so that's the first thing to think about.

Necromancers while the kings of soloing, can struggle to feel useful or wanted in groups, if you can 2 box then Nec/Mag is an amazing duo, the class does require being choosy over where you play though, some zones you will have a great time in, some will be terrible due to things like summoning mobs. If you want to raid later on bear in mind slots for Necros are pretty hard limited to 4 on a raid, 5 can work with care but is a pain just due to debuff slots you need for your dots on raid bosses being limited..

Beastlord is easily among the most versatile classes in the game while not really being outstanding at anything until very late in the game (as in later expansions). This will allow you to play in most zones & kill a broader range of mobs than almost any other class.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

You will be able to get to max with either of those classes and be able to camp augs and t2 gear from named. Doing missions for currency and the best t3 group gear will still require grouping. Same can be said for grinding out heroic AAs from more difficult achievements.

It won't be a quick task to accomplish, especially above 110.
  4. dubblestack Elder

Good points, bst is an awesome class that has very high dps potential, is very versatile, and you have an animal pet which I think is cool. With that being said, as previously mentioned, it is a melee class so you're going to be much more gear dependent than a necro, it may take longer for you to reach max potential. However, it's really fun, and once you start getting decent gear and augs, it's really enjoyable and you can solo pretty well with your pet tanking, and you healing as you have a lot of healing aas that I believe necros do not have access to. On the flip side, necros are pretty strong right out of the box, they need a lot of aa also, but, they can solo probably better and faster than a beast, and you don't really need good augs and weapons as much as a beast. Recently their dots were made much stronger. Both are very fun, I have one of each, beast was my original character so I always have a soft spot for them, particularly troll beasts when they had alligators as pets ha.
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

this use to be true pre dot upgrade. Now not so much and especially in COV. my team of 3 necros compete with my 3 ber for dps in group game. It's a different game necros are useful and groups and wizzies not so much - odd. to say the least.