BST Rake Discipline

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by LoLitsNeal, Feb 5, 2022.

1. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

Just hit level 70 and got the Discipline Rake. It is really solid and on a 30 second CD. The thing is, its slightly annoying to remember to hit it every 30 seconds. Anyone have a good trick or setup or macro or something for this ability? Are there any others like this i should be aware of?

Thank you for your assistance!
  2. Szilent Augur

make yourself a keybind!

Alt+O for Options, 4th tab Keys, select category: Hotbar [something]

Make several of the Hot buttons (like Hot button 1-6) all have the same Keypress. Some folks use Q or E, doesn't matter what you pick as long as that key isn't already something else.

On that Hotbar you set up this way, you can line up spells & attacks that are a regular part of your battles. Like you also want to cast the Ancient:Savage Ice nuke every time it's ready, and also the Glacial Spear nuke spell, but you don't want to spend your attention tracking them all the time either, like you don't want to focus on your Raking. Put them on your keybind, just tappytap it as you're fighting and they'll be used if they're available.

In the next few levels you pick up even more to add to that. A poison nuke and a werewolf summon. Then later on some combo nukes with shorter reuse time, and AA button attacks. Anything that you're pretty sure you want to use on-cooldown is a candidate for inclusion.
    DaciksBB likes this.
  3. DaciksBB Augur

Also keep in mind that some abilities (I think AA abilities and item clickies?) on a mash key makes it so that it so that any abilities further on the line will no longer fire. I personally have 1-4 set as mash keys to ensure that everything fires
  4. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

Ok cool, that makes sense. So I gotta just get used to having a common hotkey I press fairly often still to just trigger any damage ability with a CD basically in order of ease/importance. Thanks!
  5. Zarkdon Augur

When you make your multibjnd macro you can make a /timer xxx (where xxx is the tenths of seconds you want) with the shortest cool down. It will depress the macro hotkey and give it the red overlay like standard discipline.
  6. Szilent Augur

do not make a "multibind macro".
  7. Time zone Journeyman

BST hotkey
    http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=9390.0
    upgraded BST slow key
    line 1. /xtar 1
    line 2. /pet attack
    line 3. /pause 2, /attack on
    line 4. /pause 2, /alt act 1269
    line 5. /pause 2, /disc Bestial Savagery

spam hotkey
    line 1. /alt act 11080
    line 2. /disc Focus clamor of Claws Rk. ???
    line 3. /disc XXX
    line 4. /disc Beastial Savagery
    line 5. /do ## (whatever your Eagle Strike is...example /do 1)
    as the name implies, Beastlord are INSANE. They are part monk / part shaman with the second BEST pet in the game
  8. Zarkdon Augur

I meant multi line hotkey. My intelligence stat is low.
  9. Szilent Augur

yeah I meant that, too. don't do that.
  10. Szilent Augur

these are bad don't do this.
  11. DaciksBB Augur

macros bad