BST + BRD + ...BST?!

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tarvas, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

How awesome would that be? Or would I still want a mag instead?
  2. Tucoh Augur

A 2x BST is group is quite nice. The Dichotomic Fury spells can synchronize well (though you'll have to manage that). The synergy spell can also synchronize to some extent. The beastlords can synchronize their pet defensive abilities.

Bst/mag group is also nice. The mage can produce mage pet gear and mages are so hot right now. Call of the hero is great in areas where /follow doesn't work well. I'd recommend mage over beastlord given how much fewer actions per minute you need in order to get decent value.

The addition of a warrior/sk/paladin would beat them all, with a warrior being the easiest to box. All would require significant effort to gear/AA before paying off.
  3. Iribabh Augur

Double beast can be fine, but remember beast is a very very very very very (you get my point) spammy class. Almost everything is instant cast or 0.5. Trying to actively keep 2 toons constantly casting without some sort of assistance (or on a different keyboard) can be a rough way.

This is the same reason I do not recommend people take a SK with their BST. Do I run a SK with my BST? Sometimes. Does my BST's dps go down because I'm spamming taps on the SK? A fair bit.
  4. Alnitak Augur

As a 3rd box definitely go with a mage.
    As another player in a group - second beastlord is a vey powerful addition. I play in a group BST + BST + MAG + BRD a great share of my playtime. Although the second beastlord is actively played by my wife, not boxed.
    Double the warder tanking, double the group healing, double adps, double paragon, Primalist Synergy worth over 100K dps, abundant tank-mezzing CC ... long list of benefits to have a second beastlord in the group.
  5. Orienn TreeHugger

I run sk, ranger, bst, bard great team, I just added the bard a few months ago.
  6. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

My normal config is SK, 4 BLs, Shaman

I made 4 attack buttons ABCD with last line 30 second /timer for synergy
    BL1 does ABCD
    BL2 does BCDA
    BL3 does CDAB
    BL4 does DABC

I have 4 hotkey banks with all 12 actions keybound to NUMPAD0(A) to NUMPAD3(D)

All keys share common things like pet attack, pet swarm, bestial, chameleon strike, etc because they are instant with the last key being a traditional 5 line macro that does

A clobber, small delay, alliance - this is so all dots are on mob when alliance lands
    B dicho, dot1
    C nuke, dot2
    D nuke, dot3

I then have 1 hotkey bank where 3 actions are keybound so things like group bestial, spire, paragon, feather clicky, etc with last line 12 minute /timer. I get 4 paragons that don't overlap, 4 feathers, spires, etc without waste.

This total configuration is considered my (N)ormal setup. If I press M, it moves the 4 attack hotkeys to page2 for (M)ore or burns since I don't need to cast anything other than alliance and dots while running Ruaabri's. If I press comma, it moves the 4 attack hotkeys to page3 which removes all AoE things so I could do anniversary missions without agroing the nice NPCs.

I have a 5th BLs that is only 119 atm, but this allows me to play bard, 4 BLs, and shaman. This group is like having death-touch on every mob since bard is playing a 24 song melody and running 9? songs at once with dicho and group mana/heal with their 60 second recast.