Brother Qwinn and Brother Zephyl

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Emmettsdad, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Emmettsdad New Member

I been running around killing everything, including names in SK and still no pop on Brother Qwinn . I have searched other sites and they say after killing an undead cyclops he spawns in 60 or so seconds. Did they change the spawn timer on him? Been 2 days and no Qwinn
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Whatever you've read isn't accurate. Brother Qwinn is not a triggered spawn, he is just a random spawn on a certain mob cycle. The simplest way to get Brother Qwinn to spawn is to go the to Undead camp at the north end of the zone and kill all the roamers in the immediate area. Eventually, Bro Q will spawn and roam by.
  3. Emmettsdad New Member

Whatever you've read isn't accurate. Brother Qwinn is not a triggered spawn, he is just a random spawn on a certain mob cycle. The simplest way to get Brother Qwinn to spawn is to go the to Undead camp at the north end of the zone and kill all the roamers in the immediate area. Eventually, Bro Q will spawn and roam by.
    I've been doing that, and seems still no pop. I have a tracker and there is nothing on him and it has been 2 weeks now... did I mess up by killing him looking for the robe to drop?
    I have tried everything I can. Still no pop and been two weeks now. I think I messed up when I killed him for a hopeful robe drop. I've been using a tracker and unfortunately he doesn't show up
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It's just a matter of time, eventually he will spawn. He's likely just been popping while you've not been on, and someone else has either killed him or something (I forget if he/his ph despawns after so long or something). I just know I would see him fairly regularly while farming for sub quest pieces. And don't worry, you killing him didn't hurt anything, other than your faction with the Brothers and the human monk factions (I think).
  5. Duder Augur

Stop wasting your time in SK and camp Brother Z in Rathetear Mountains. Kill a_drake spawn line right at the entrance from the feerott in RM. It and all PHs as well as Brother Z path right through there.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3110

Have went this route 3x, never more than 6ish hours to get a robe.
    Chowa likes this.
  6. Chowa New Member

The Dude Abides
    Duder likes this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Meanwhile I know people who have attempted that route who have went 3 months without getting one. Meanwhile I finished the quest path 5 times in the same period. The robe isn't as common as proponents of the kill method like to claim.
  8. yodo9999 New Member

Here's my list of Brother Qwinn PHs.

Code:
    [FONT=courier new]spawn                  #    robes    spawn%    robe%[/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]bro q                  69     8       13.8     11.59[/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]escaped splitpaw gnoll 87             17.4   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]lion                   73             14.6   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]lioness                65             13   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]adult elephant         52             10.4   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]narra                  42              8.4   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]mist wolf              36              7.2   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]shadow wolf            36              7.2   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]aviak egret             7              1.4   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]aviak darter            7              1.4   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]cyclops                 6              1.2   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]aviak rook              6              1.2   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]aviak harrier           5              1   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]centaur foal            4              0.8   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]aviak avocet            4              0.8   [/FONT]
    [FONT=courier new]centaur sheltie         1              0.2   [/FONT]

[FONT=courier new]total spawns    500  [/FONT]

That's out of 500 spawns so there may be a low chance it's missing a PH or 2.

PHs can spawn anywhere north to south but will always spawn west of Splitpaw and will be a 60-66 second respawns depending on server ticks. Good luck!
    Rondor and Sunriver like this.
  9. Duder Augur

Aye, robe isn't as common as it may seem. I certainly had luck on my side apparently. However, running around SK as a monk randomly killing stuff, hoping to run into Brother Q IF he spawned, was a nightmare. Who knows if he spawned? Knowing that the placeholder/Brother Z is going to path right over me every 12 minutes is where the value is in the Rathe Mountains route for me.
    Szilent likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Doing the Quest I would see Bro Q walking around as often as I would see Bro Z. The reason why most people don't see Bro Q is usually specifically because they run around trying to spawn him when that is not the best way to find him.
  11. Sunriver Journeyman

This is unbelievably helpful and amazing. Thank you!