Bronze/Silver AA limitations

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Draconic, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Draconic Journeyman

Does this go off of total spent, or total assigned?
  2. Cakeny Augur

What's the difference? The two numbers are always the same for me.
  3. Draconic Journeyman

If you purchase glyphs etc the total spent will be different then the total assigned...
  4. Cakeny Augur

So assigned is the value spent in permanent aa?
  5. Riou EQResource

Depends, if you consider an unused Glyph permanent, then yes
  6. Draconic Journeyman

So it is possible a bronze member could spend 250 aa's in glyphs and not be allowed to get any more aa's?
  7. Riou EQResource

Well when a glyph is used its points are dumped from Assigned, but kept in Total Spent

So if you're at 900 assigned 900 total and buy a 5 AA point glyph your assigned and total will be 905 now, if you use the glyph your assigned will drop to 900 while your total spent is still at 905
  8. Draconic Journeyman

Aye so that is what i want to know is the limitations going off that 900 assigned, or the 905 spent?
  9. doktartp Augur

Was special AAs like MPG trials and stuff being blocked by the count ? free 0 cost aas that wont show up cause you are 1000/1000 arent cool.
  10. jarsh92 Elder

Edit: replied too fast, I have not used Gylphs yet, so I don't know for sure, but I think it goes by the number of AA listed in the AA window.
  11. jarsh92 Elder

I played around with this when my two accounts were still bronze. This is what I observed. If you hit the AA limit you can not earn any more AA, including the free DoN and MPG AA. But....If you have already earned at least 1 MPG AA, you can continue to get the MPG AA after you have hit the AA limit.

I believe the reasoning for this is because the MPG is 1 AA with 5 or 6 lvls (can't remember which), and is just upgraded. Where as if you hit the AA limit and try to get a DoN AA, each of those is a new AA with only 1 lvl (can't be upgraded).

So quick recap, if you are working on DoN/MPG AAs and getting close the AA cap, stop putting exp into AA until you are done with the DoN ones and have at least 1 MPG AA done. If not, the cap will lock those out.

They don't techincally count towards the limit, number wise, but how the system is designed, once the cap has been reached, all AA become locked, even if they are free.

Hope this helps.
  12. Draconic Journeyman

Thanks Jarsh that is what i was looking for