Broken TBL Challenger Achievements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jalelorf, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Tucoh Augur

I could be wrong but I think this is inaccurate.

I did the achievement today and I'm not 100% sure but I think the prayer is some kind of spell cast in the area of the aura decal. It keeps going off in the aura decal even after the mob is dead.

Anyway, I had to pet tank it, which is annoying when so much of DPS is from my warrior/berserker/bard. What is especially annoying is that the mobs ignore pets when players are in range, so I just had a pretty tedious setup of running the warrior in to get agro, then running the berserker in to hit him. I just have to hope that the hordes of spiders running around don't summon my characters into the aura, or summon my warrior away from the boss who would then ice my berserker. IT wasn't too bad, just really awkward.
  2. Tucoh Augur

just made another attempt that failed when I was heading to the water boss and launched to the fire boss area. 2 out of four characters got booted right when they landed in the fire boss area, one of them got ported to the start of the wending ways area but one just fell right in the middle. I'm sure this is being looked at by DBG so I'm just going to put this one down for now.
  3. Axxius Augur

Not just in the aura decals. It's cast everywhere at the hill tops 15 sec after the 'prayers' emote (probably exactly what Riou said: some 'hidden' npc casts it from the middle hill).

Tank below the top, on the steep side. If you have melee dps - either get off the top on the emote, or just stay with the tank and hit from below.
  4. Allayna Augur

This is still happening as of 1/29/19. Portals that let you "land" and then suddenly you're back at the entrance, failing the achievement "Don't Trip".
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Kolani Augur

That is actually correct. The hidden NPC casts his AE, you need to stay out of line of sight of him for 15 seconds after the emote hits. There are several other emotes in the event, but those don't require line of sight from the invisible mob to hit you. The achievement just requires you to avoid the AE after the Prayers emote.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Don’t be in small forms, like for example, gnome pirate. Small forms almost guarantee a double bounce for me personally. When we had everyone in group in a larger illusion or simply their own form (none of us are small races) we didn’t get bounced. We also went through each portal one at a time and moved away from the landing zone before next person went. Hope that helps.

Trial of three, yes, the chest has to be opened in the same time frame also it appears.

Also to save some time for those that haven’t done it yet, on the firelings achievements not sure if it’s been mentioned here, but the description is inaccurate. They must be alive, not just created, so bring a mezzer or punter or whatever Floats your boat.

Edit. I see now it’s beem mentioned a few times!
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Tried for firelings tonight in remodeling. Either its still bugged or the text still needs an update. We had 11 spawn.

I am an enchanter so the idea that I just needed to mez these instead of killing them is frustrating. No reason this post is 2 years old and the text hasn't been corrected.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Indeed, 10 must be alive when Guardian of Doomfire dies.