Broken Spells/AAs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, so they aren't really broken but here's what I'm seeing.

1. Shaman AA Malaise doesn't seem to do anything. It casts, there is no resist or other message, but it simply doesn't land. I had to go and buy the level 102 Malosenete. Now it works. But shouldn't it use the highest Malo you have? Apparently the AA level and the spell level are directly tied together now.

2. Enchanter spell Phantasmal Unity. This spell is supposed to cast 2 runes on the enchanter; Polyiridescent Rune and Mastermind's Rune. I never bought these two spells because the Phantasmal Unity casts them... or it used to. Now I guess you actually need the spells scribed. Has it always been this way? Perhaps it was casting a lower version of these spells prior and I never noticed.

3. Mobs drop bags mid-fight. I threw this in for fun, but have you been seeing this? A bag appears about chest level and then quickly disappears.

Does anyone remember these being in patch notes?

Thanks,
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You should not raise the AA until you have the SPELL required by the next tier of AA actually scribed - this is a pretty common misunderstanding about how the AA work, without the spell in your spell book the AA won't operate & it does NOT use the highest SPELL that you have it uses the highest RANK of the specific spell that you have named by that tier of AA.

You have to pay attention to the wording used.

To my knowledge it has always worked this way, that there are the two spells separately which you need to have scribed before the Unity spell triggers them both. The unity spells can cast the runes lower level but not higher level that itself.

Icon Name Class Effect(s) Mana Skill Target Type Expansion
    [IMG] Deviser's Unity ENC/115 1: Unknown #470 (100/100/0)
    2:Unknown #470 (100/100/0)
    Alteration
    Self
    [IMG]

Haven't seen that happening myself, but I'm on a TLP that's currently in TDS so maybe it's a quirk of later content.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"They appear as small brown bags on the ground or floating in mobs or above mobs and their corpses"
    Its mentioned in the posts here:https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/messy-miner-collection.265460/#post-3899867

But it was mentioned somewhere else also - no time to do further searching
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, I'm on Phinny, too. Perhaps the spells/AAs always worked that way or perhaps they were fixed recently and that's why I'm seeing a difference. In particular, the chanter spell absolutely used to cast two runes (either lower level or runes I had not scribed) and then that stopped so I'm guessing it was fixed. Until a few days ago I hadn't played the enchanter since TDS launched so I'm not sure when it changed.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer