Broken Promises or Will We Ever See?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Abazzagorath, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Leerah Augur

no delete option...
  2. Piestro Augur

And had we promised 10 years you would be completely correct. Unfortunately for your point of view, and fortunately for us, the only public statement about duration ever was "at this time". That time eventually came to an end, and this change was announced ahead of time along with a sale to give players the most possible benefit. This expansion will not be sold for SC, and was never promised to be sold for SC.
  3. Leerah Augur

It specifically said, "New expansion." That means 2012 new. You'd have an argument for 2013, if there is one.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

New expansion can refer to latest expansion released, if they had said next expansion you would have a case to argue. How long will RoF be the new expansion before you consider the 2013 release (if there is one) to be the new expansion?

At this time also covered them if they decided not to release any more expansions and go the way it looks EQ2 new content will be.
  5. Leerah Augur

I'll dig out that thread again tomorrow unless someone posts it before then. We shall see.
  6. Leerah Augur

Here is the forum where you said 'FUTURE' expansions. The link is bad so it's good that Milvang posted the quote.

Later, they tried to change it to mean 'current' expansion, but this was before the Triple SC/Half Price membership debaucle.
    artofnoise likes this.
  7. Bauer Augur

How do you ignore someone again on the forums? I CLEARLY want to know ...
    :eek:
  8. Hatsee Augur

Click their avatar.
  9. Leerah Augur

Haha. Clearlee I never heard THAT pun before! Obviouslee....
  10. artofnoise Augur

Thank you for posting that, Lee. Here is the modified link to this thread in the new "archive" location (which will be deleted soon). The quote is from Q&A #11:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eqold/posts/list.m?topic_id=183997
    Date: 03/13/2012
    Subject: Info on EQ Free. To. Play. on the Way!
    Author: Naylie_DelANews
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

I had to dive into my storage room of boxes to find the figurine!

[IMG]

I never knew the difference... lol
  12. Leerah Augur

All blondes look alike.
  13. Leerah Augur

Note the 3/13 date she posted that. That is significant because my account renew in April and I was deciding what plan to stay with at that point.
  14. Leerah Augur

15. Tarrin Augur

16. EverChanter Augur

Cable companies reserve the right to just stop putting television shows on, and companies reserve the right to withhold your paycheck, wonder how you'd react then~
  17. Bauer Augur

Game. Set. Match.
  18. Cakeny Augur

I would say it's unfortunate for SOE too in that some formerly loyal customers might never give SOE another dime due to that fiasco.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. beryon Augur

Nobody said it was illegal, just horrible PR.
  20. Tarrin Augur

I am not saying it didn't suck that it was changed. I had planned on buying expansions with SC myself. I am only pointing out that there isn't exactly any legal recourse ( as has been constantly mentioned before concerning this ).

If a company with held pay checks, that is different..as that is actually not legal as far as I know. I suppose I would write a strongly worded review on the BBB or something.