Broken Monk Disc - Ironfist

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Thrillho, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Thrillho Augur

The monk discipline Ironfist Discipline Rk. III appears to be broken. I can't confirm other ranks, as you can't downgrade which disc you run.

Running a 20 minute parse with just auto-attack on, I came out with:
    No disc: Combat Dummy Heda in 1200s, 50977k @42481dps --- Thrillhouse 50977k @42481dps (100%)
    Disc: Combat Dummy Heda in 1200s, 51253k @42711dps --- Thrillhouse 51253k @42711dps (100%)

A roughly 0.5% improvement, which can be chalked up to the variation in damage from the short duration of the parse rather than the disc itself. Ideally a longer parse would be preferred, but I figured 20 minutes would be sufficient to show that there is no notable difference between running the disc and not running it.

While we're on the subject, is it possible to get an upgrade / sidegrade to this disc? This is an HoT-era disc and going back to do a raid ("raid") to get this spell is more of an inconvenience than a challenge. Drunken Monkey is another one, which is an UF-era spell that's still in our rotation.
  2. Brudal Augur

Auto attack would not trigger any of the specials Ironfist increases would it?

Chaosflux likes this.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Now seems like a good time for a golf clap
  4. Thrillho Augur

Different writeup than ZAM:

5. Brudal Augur

http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=25925

Not sure about the lucy parser.

Looks like they attribute 52 to innate instead of Tiger Claw

vs.

6. Thrillho Augur

That'd do it. I noticed my damage to be significantly less than what it normally was with Ironfist for some reason, and checked the writeup on ZAM to see exactly what it was supposed to do and did my test accordingly. I might have to do some parses with kicks now instead.

Thanks for your responses.
  7. Nedrom Augur

Iron fist only works on specials not auto attack. You have to parse much much longer than 20 minutes to get a baseline for special attacks due to their reuse delay.