Bristlebane raid night lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Robnie, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Tevik Augur

I definitely have seen this on Povar, as well as mobs just straight up refusing to move when pulled places as mentioned earlier in the thread. Some of this stuff seems to be almost random to a degree, and sometimes getting a new instance helps. I'm guessing maybe there's multiple hardware servers that host instances, and you might end up on different equipment if you spin up a new instance? I'm honestly not sure. Of course, then you have the weird design choice to force the blood turn in for Close the Gate, so you can't try it for that fight.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Those are two vastly different guilds in terms of DPS and raiding schedule. As mentioned, guild performance and shared raiding times are a large factor in the lag felt across servers. Fwiw, I'm pretty sure every single guild in the top 10 has seen 3+ concurrent sets of golems on AHR, per my recollection every T2 launch stream I reviewed had as bad or worse.
    Raccoo likes this.
  3. Emilari UI Designer

Very true, and while this type of lag is unfortunate, it's the lag I mentioned that everyone is experiencing across all servers and has absolutely nothing to do with it taking 20-40m to get from point A to point B or a person crashing basically any time they zone regardless of time of day or day of the week. Most of the Bristlebane players are done with these crappy zone times and crashes, which I am not seeing on anywhere near the same scale on the other servers I play on (Povar, FV, Mischief).

On Povar, I've had a few friends crashing randomly, but that seems to be more related to the buff bug that they're hopefully fixing in the patch too.
  4. Anjie New Member

Yes, actually hoping for any kind of response. Inviting Dev's to come join our raids so they can see for themselves the issues that we try to work through while raiding is not "weird". Maybe while they are with us, they can see what an issue is, and fix it. Its not going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. And if it does cost money, isn't that what our monthly subscriptions go towards? I mean, i don't play for free, so is it too much to ask for it to be playable? Invest some money back into fixing the servers. Its not too much to ask for.
  5. Proximoe Elder

Again, I can’t see the value in downplaying the issue at hand if it helps people who are on the verge of quitting. Why specifically is CT based guilds actively lobbying against fixing this? If it’s a community thing (in your opinion) then add to it. If it’s broke try to fix it. You don’t think many people play on many servers? I’ve played in some of those servers right along side you on alts as well and yes there is a difference in lag, raid mechanics, yada yada. I don’t study the parses and try to actively recruit from them, I play with em to have fun. And right now in comparison bristlebanes lag is worse then xegony by a long shot
    Duder, Justyse and Emilari like this.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Re read all those quotes, including your own. I'm floored (not really) a grown adult would double down on what is clearly an antagonistic and pretentious tone as a viable means of initiating discourse with the development team. Best of luck to yall
    FawnTemplar and Raccoo like this.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Nobody is discounting your issues, you're the one attempting to discredit the rest of ours.
  8. Proximoe Elder

Because we specified we had an issue? All you done so far is say your wrong your wrong your wrong and that we aren’t adults cause we are bringing up an issue. We said bristlebane has crippling lag. Help me understand
    Duder likes this.
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Raiding guilds are usually pretty good at organizing.

Organize a post in the Bug Reports section and like it with every one of your accounts. Put guild names on it. Put it in your MotDs so you can get members that do not bother with the forums to sign in just once to like it. Put it on your sites with instructions on how easy it is to go to the forums choose a user name and like the post that is sure to be at the top of its section. Note it in your recruitment messages. Keep updating it with first hand accounts. Be respectful, be truthful.

This has been a problem for so long and it has grown so large yet it gets no mention in the roadmap with little to no updates reported to the community? Maybe they do see it as the huge problem it is maybe they do not. Let's find out.

If they remove it from the bug reports section, put it in Veteran's Lounge. If this is really the problem described, the thread should easily become the most viewed, liked, commented on in ForumQuest history.
    Emilari and Proximoe like this.
  10. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

You're responding to me responding to a quote of You saying it's not the same server wide, which it, objectively, has been for many years, for many of us. Understand?
  11. Emilari UI Designer

RoV did, and RA, Fu, and other concerned Norrathians of Bristlebane joined in too. I'd also like to see fixes for the lag the other servers are experiencing but am well aware that it'll take time to iron out all of the kinks.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...zone-times-sunday-nights.282004/#post-4123065

They claim it's fixed internally, and we shall find out. Accendo posted on discord as well in response to keep him updated. It's finally being looked into after several months, and I'm grateful. I'm hopeful that whatever is needed to fix our issues will also help all the other servers with their own.
    Proximoe likes this.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Are you referring to this thread? Never mind. I see your edit.

That is what I am referencing that one has 33 likes and this one 45. They are also referring to specific instances of the same problem. Hit them with all the info in one massive thread. Surely just one of these raid guilds can muster 45 likes. The top 10...top 30? Let's not piecemeal this.

I've seen many threads on this. Some very detailed analysis of the game breaking issues it causes. Drop it all in one thread that does not die. Everyone that cares, support it.
    Proximoe likes this.
  13. Nudia Augur

Part of the problem is everyone complaining about which atrocious gamebreaking lag bothers them the most. Yes, all of the servers have lag. Yes,lag during events is worse for the guilds that have more dps, proper adps sync, all of that.

Personally, it's the zoning that's bothering me. And having played multiple servers (and currently playing multiple servers), it is distinctly worse on this one. Maybe it is on others as well, but absolutely not all. And it has nothing to do with my guild's performance when a 36 character raid takes 10 minutes to zone in to an empty instance, then another 10 minutes to wait for the half that crashed to log back in, then another 15 minutes to get them added back into raid and into a group. This is the portion that has me ready to shut it down and move on.

Congratulations if your server lags just as badly in some or all aspects, but that is not a reason to indicate it shouldn't be fixed. We get bickering here, they shut our thread down, and we are all stuck with an unplayable piece of trash.

Join with us, lets move towards a playable EverQuest so we can return to bickering about which metric is most appropriate to judge everyone by and that sort of thing.
    Duder, Justyse, Meckwell and 3 others like this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The zoning is just the icing on the cake that led to this thread. 10+ minute zone times, eventually crashing because it took too long.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Zone lag and raid lag almost certainly have the same root cause. When we have raid lag we also have zoning lag. Its just that zoning lag is more easily measured and reported.
    Duder and Emilari like this.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

The lag/latency issues BB is experiencing can be classified as game breaking. Most servers have significant lag, we aren't trying to down play that spell lag, or event lag is an issue, everywhere. The reason for the post and why it's gaining momentum from all of those who use the forums on BB, is due to the severity on our server specifically.

Coping with spell lag/event lag sucks, I think we can ALL agree on this. However, dealing with extended zone times, on machines that could run the newest games, at the highest detail level, is ridiculous.

When you have to ask in disco, if you've been kicked from the raid, because you're still zoning after 5+ minutes, with 1,200mbps internet speeds, is just infuriating. How about when you actually get kicked from the game, have to reload and hope you don't get kicked/disconnected again!?

The raid tool on most servers is @$$, imagine it on a server where you aren't just dealing with the normal soul crushing lag, but that new level of omgwhydoIplaythisgame, lag.

We're asking for the devs, or powers that be, take a look into this issue and potentially formulate a fix. Games MUCH BIGGER than EQ, with a SIGNIFICANTLY larger population, experience 1/100 the lag we do. This game produces enough money to justify fixing the issue.

Edit: To clarify, when I say fix, I do mean on ALL servers. We should be able to raid, and enjoy raiding, lag free-ish.
    Duder, Bartleby, Meckwell and 2 others like this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

I wonder how laggy a raid is for a Sunday night Top 10 guild compared to how laggy it is for a Sunday night Joe Bob Family Guild ranked #35 on same server.

I also wonder if the top raid guilds got together on each server and chose different days to raid on, if that would help. Instead of three plus guilds all raiding Sunday night, maybe first week Guild A does sun/mon and B does tue/wed and C does thu/fri. Obviously not the best solution, but would that solve it?

And Scornfire has a point. Every high end Guild on every server gets a lot of lag. There has been times where the raid burns from the start, all 54 hitting every burn disc and hotkey that they can, and I am frozen on the screen until the named is at 77 with six adds up. I also have logs on to capture alliance casts and hits from other mages, which I have to keep open. I would love to ignore all spell and cast and melee and disc data from the raid except for the 1-4 mages in the raid casting alliance. Maybe that corrects, maybe not. Point is, we all have experienced bad lag. It is not one specific server. I was on BB for like 3-6 years in a top ten Guild. I had raid lag. I went to Xegony, Rathe, Cazic. All raid lag. And yes it takes me sometimes 5-7 minutes to zone. Other day it took 12 minutes from loading up the EQ id/pw log in screen to getting my mage into the zone I camped out of.

It is not just a BB thing. It is a server wide thing.
  18. Nudia Augur

Coordinating the entire high end's raid times to minimize someone else's problem is not a viable solution. They need to fix this. For everyone.
    Svann2, Leex and Emilari like this.
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

For my money, the best method would likely be a pooling of video evidence from every server documenting the issues at present. It's unlikely a senior developer is going to attend anyone's raids on a Sunday (All tests I've been party to prior were conducted mid week) due to their internal policies. A 10-15m edited down docuseries of EQ lag would probably make it into a design meeting.
    Duder, Raccoo and FawnTemplar like this.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Cicelee, I know a few people who have recently went to the server your currently on and they all have reported significantly less lag. Some even in your guild, some in the #1 guild on your server. That's not the point though. In your post you talk about spell lag, which we all openly state is an every server issue( Unfortunately) .

We're talking about lag that is literally disconnecting people from the game, while they zone. Zone times constantly and consistently taking 5-10 minutes to zone. The raid tool being noticeably more delayed then it's ever been. Giving up on moving banners while in the instance because before we even engage, it won't replant, no matter how many times you try.

I'm not sure why you and a few others can't get on board with the devs taking a look at the situation, and hoping that once they do, they can start working on a fix ( For everyone / every server ).

You may be right, it might not just be a BB issue, but we're being the loudest. It seems to be effecting us the most, based off the amount of responses from individuals on BB.
    Duder and Emilari like this.