Bristlebane Day - The Gift of Laughter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ishtass, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Ishtass Augur

I can't seem to figure out what to do with this achievement. Nothing in game is pointing it out easily, and I haven't seen anything online regarding it. Anyone have info to share?
  2. Nniki Augur

It isn't Bristlebane Day yet, so I don't think we can complete it until then.
    roguerunner and Ishtass like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

4. Ishtass Augur

Good call, thanks!

Riou, appreciate the try but doesn't really help ;)
    Atlans likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

6. Tobin Augur

Bristlebane Day events have started and I don't see "The Gift of Laughter" in the rewards from the two NPCs the alert about the events starting directed us to.
  7. Stune Augur

Broken "as in intended"
  8. Riou EQResource

Maybe it is part of the April Fools thing :p
    Dzarn likes this.
  9. Omegga Elder

It looks like you cast the Celebratory firework with your focus set to Bristlebane when a special condition occurs. It may be you can only cast on April 1?
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah not finding anything on it either. Tried focusing my firework on bristlebane, then casting fireworks with the celebratory caster thing then cast the party generator, threw all the pies it gave me but did not get anything. Maybe bug report this? It is the right time for it to be in effect.
  11. Strawberry Unicorn New Member

I tried the laugh emote on some of the Bristlebane quest-givers, but none of them responded. Also tried on various NPCs and PCs in POK thinking it might be a "use x times" sort of thing. One of the rewards is the title "the lunatic" and their are a few mobs in various zones with lunatic in their names.
  12. Atlans Lorekeeper

It seems so strange that there is no definitive information on this. Someone must have completed this o_O
  13. Tobin Augur

well its 4/1 so what do we do to get this
  14. Atlans Lorekeeper

It is April 1st, tried the following:
    1: Used /laugh on self
    2: /laugh on Emissary of Bristlebane and minions
    3: /laugh on various players
    4: Used Bristlebane's Party Generator and threw pies at self, other players, and the Emissary of Bristlebane and minions
    5: Cast the Celebratory Firework Caster set to Bristlebane on self, other players, and the Emissary of Bristlebane and minions
    6: Repeated steps 1-5 while in the Lobby under Bristlebane's illusion (a steel trap this year)

None worked, good luck to someone else figuring it out!
  15. FixShamanPlease Elder

Did you check PoM? It was semi updated last year iirc.
  16. Uuvin Augur

As of 8:51 AM ( EST) this achievement works. I logged out a toon, then logged in another and - bang. without doing anything special I got the ach. I then logged out that toon ands logged in another - nothing happened. This years joke is on us - random?
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You mean you actually got "the gift of laughter ? Does one toon have different quests completed from the whole line?
  18. Ssdar Augur

friend got it zoning into demidecay from demilife clicking the mirror. I've run around the entire expansion, some of TDS, half of cotf. seems completely random. BS achievement DB...
  19. Uuvin Augur

sorry ok more info.

[Fri Apr 01 08:50:18 2016] You return to view.
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:18 2016] Your Heroic Orobane Boots shimmers briefly.
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:18 2016] You begin casting Ring of Knowledge.
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:26 2016] Your Heroic Ring of the Adept flickers with a pale light.
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:27 2016] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:31 2016] MESSAGE OF THE DAY:
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:42 2016] You have entered Plane of Knowledge.
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:43 2016] You let out a hearty chuckle.
    [Fri Apr 01 08:50:45 2016] You have completed achievement: Bristlebane Day - The Gift of Laughter
    [Fri Apr 01 08:51:28 2016] Game Time: Tuesday, April 17, 3325 - 7 PM
    [Fri Apr 01 08:51:28 2016] Earth Time: Friday, April 01, 2016 08:51:28
    [Fri Apr 01 08:51:33 2016] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Bristlebane Day - The Gift of Laughter

This is a 100% heroic toon. I have done no tasks at all. its a druid and I just use it to forage and track. the joke's on us.
  20. Tobin Augur

it does not work for me