Bristlebane Be Praised - Mischief is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typucm Elder

Anyway boxers/bots sell loot rights or perma camp some rare items, on any server, at least here you can get any item from any rare mob. I like the idea of this server and dont think it will be most toxic, like you think. Also noone force ppl play there, them can stay on servers them like.
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. PotatoPowa Elder

Sounds fun as f***, can't wait.
  3. haaaalp Augur

You must be new to TLPs. Allowing free trade lets people who box 3-50 characters hold onto items that don’t sell via loot rights. This is a cash grab for dpg or whoever owns this game. The botters can now get max value for any item since it won’t rot / they take a low offer before the item poofs.
  4. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

Tweeted to the original teaser posting but missed opportunity in my eyes. With ToV and CoV done, and the ask for help with lore awhile ago, should've announced PoMischief 3 and PoGrowth 2. Hell Birstlebane's castle is under the ice in ToV.
  5. Riou EQResource

Velious is done for now
  6. Neuro Elder

I have some of the same questions as others, re: implementation of this randomization. As asked before, is the loot randomized once, or truly random? There are pros and cons to each system.

If it's randomized just once, then the scenario I see is the first person who finds something like GEBS on a rare will permacamp it, and keep the location secret as long as they can, selling it on a second account. So we're right back to the original problem.

If it's truly random every time, then I see two issues. First, you could camp a single fast spawning rare repeatedly to get every item in that level range quickly. Second, depending on how the loot table is arranged, some items might never drop. But this might be a good thing.

The method I would suggest is the following: If randomized just once, then re-randomize on a regular schedule, like every 24 hours. That would encourage exploration, because if you found a valuable drop, that would give you a short window to maximize your gains before it re-randomized. However, if truly random, then might I suggest you randomize the MOB drop rather than the loot. For example, if you killed a stone spider in SolB, it would randomly select another rare from the same level range (45) which might be a ghoul archmagus from Lower Guk, so you would get either his common or his rare drop (silversilk leggings or SBR).

Quest items are another headache. Random among quest mobs maybe?
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

So does that mean any lvl 23-25 named can drop a mosscovered twig?
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This makes no sense at all to me, why would they call it randomized loot if it is just changing what mobs drop what? If anything the way I read it is that instead of using an induvial loot list per rare/raid mob it will use a master loot list based on type/level so that what can drop will be from a much larger pool.
    Barraind and Skuz like this.
  9. Xanadas Augur

Not launching a sister-server that is boxable will inevitably invite boxers (and others who will circumvent the rules) to this server.

Please consider launching a boxable version of this ruleset.
  10. Elthorien Elder

if they make krono a no-trade item on THIS server, until after planes of power, ya, i will play
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Boxing isn't banned on this server, you just need one computer per character.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Appren Gnomercy

Sounds like a great way to lose half the income for their company!
  13. Zansobar Augur

I believe what they did was combine the loot tables of all rare mobs within the same expansion and level range. By this I mean create one large loot table (list of items that can drop) per rare mob by level range per expansion. Then each rare mob you kill in a certain level range still has the same percent chance to get an item drop from their loot table (and number of chances of items). I don't see any reason this would be a draw on the system because they have created these tables in a database statically, but the pulls from this table are generated by the existing chances each mob has at dropping an item. Example would be a rare mob level 50 that normally has a chance to drop, say 3 items. Let's say that chance is 80% of chance to drop one item, 25% chance of a second item, 5% of a third, 2% of a fourth. In the new rules those chances and rolls are used when the mob is killed (there are 4 rolls against each of those percentages and if a roll succeeds then an item is dropped). So in the new rules the only difference is the loot table that those items are drawn from is a large level based, expansion based loot table instead of the small one that each rare mob used to have.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. Zansobar Augur

The supply of items on this server will quickly dwarf the demand and since you can trade items to your alts that used to be no-trade (jboots for example) this lowers by many-fold the demand for items. Price is determined by the demand in relation to supply and the supply will increase dramatically while the demand will decrease hence there will be lower prices on this server...over time.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It actually sounds like a great way to bring back pre-krono RMT methods or just force the krono trades to a different server and either option opens up more possibilities for scams.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Labouche New Member

Who knows what's going to happen to the economy... Economy forecasting is basically 80% theory, 20% bullpoo and 15% randomly made up percentile statistics that never seem to add up. This is going to be fun... Either because its genuinely going to be fun, or the ensuing drama will be amazing to watch.

Damn you DPG for bringing me back again... I thought I was done with you for good. :D
  17. Protagonist Tank

I agree it makes no sense and would be dumb. Like how a 2nd pop lock server makes no sense and would be dumb. Or a slow xp/high death penalty server makes no sense and would be dumb.

They do not have a track record for making decisions that make sense and are smart when it comes to new TLP mechanics.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Who cares? Either play on Mischief or don't. Unbunch your undies, man.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

If they hadn't started "cash grabbing" with Ragefire, we likely wouldn't be playing EQ today.
    Zynt and Skuz like this.
  20. Protagonist Tank

FV is and always has been the highest priced server with the greatest amount of plat farming inflation. Your econ 101 roleplay is disproven in the reality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.