Brewall maps . . . In a browser?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Samarty Pants, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Samarty Pants New Member

Is there a way to view the brewall maps in any other format other than in the everquest game engine?

I'd like to be able to read the .txt files by another program or maybe browser in order to view them outside of the game.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

There's a program called "Mappie" that you can use to open files offline and view them...maybe this would work?
  3. Samarty Pants New Member

Great, Let me check I'll get back with you!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you can't find it Fanra mentions is on their map info site: Dunno how old that is.
    Viewing maps out of game

5. Orbital101 Augur

I still use Mappie from time to time but it crash a lot... Save often like every 10-15 actions.
  6. Just_Another_SK Elder

I also have used Mappie for quite some time
  7. Anhari Augur

I remember that mapfiend had a way to view maps in the browser, but alas, they are no more! RIP mapfiend!
  8. Simmonz New Member

9. Orbital101 Augur

Im curious as to why you would want to see maps outside of the game?
  10. Nolrog Augur

That probably still works fine, but the version I have is 1.59.1. Great program though. I have it on every one of my EQ computers.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Its what I use when I make my little tent or map icons. Only thing is that it crash a lot so I have to save every 10-20 actions lol. You can also check out Good's EQ Atlas which is still a work in progress. Its kind of only working properly on a Chrome browser and the heavy map files wont render very fast. Its one of the reason why I've been aiming at remapping the biggest map files in the maps folder first.

Again this is still on progress and the address is due to change in the next few days ;)
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ah, I've also been using 1.5.8 for years. It's all I ever saw when I would look for the program. Are there any big differences between 1.5.8 and 1.59.1?

It seems to be working pretty well in Edge; but it could just be that I don't know what all it is supposed to do or look like.
  13. Brewall Rainsinger Apprentice

I don't have anything that would let someone view them in a browser. The closest thing I have is a Ruby script I wrote that imports/exports map files into a free 3D program called Sketchup. I use it to clean up geometry, but it is nice to be able to rotate a zone around to get a better sense on how to get around.

[IMG]
    Brohg likes this.
  14. Riou EQResource

It is just that some browsers it chokes bad on rendering and lags a bit, Chrome is just one of the ones (possibly others) that it is smooth and fine on no matter what map (except tower of rot since its the same like circle like 20x :p)