Brekt Free trade, what exactly is different?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by snailish, Jan 18, 2017.

1. snailish Augur

I logged into Brekt and was getting messages to move gear out of my shared bank or else. So something changed with the loot rules from Quarm.

It turned out it was 2 newbie * flagged backpacks, so not a big deal at all. This does raise the question of how exactly is loot working as Free Trade?
  2. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

A free-trade area is the region encompassing a trade bloc whose member countries have signed a free-trade agreement (FTA). Such agreements involve cooperation between at least two countries to reduce trade barriers – import quotas and tariffs – and to increase trade of goods and services with each other.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I just assume its FV without the dumb languages thing.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

Free trade - maybe all items can be sent by mail to the other severs!
  5. snailish Augur

I'll clarify:

My understanding is Quarm was using FV loot code.

Brekt is "free trade"... not identical to FV loot code (but similar).

So my question is... how different exactly? Newbie backpacks* surely aren't the only difference (or why bother)?
  6. Janakin Augur

Does anyone know if Brekt is like Quarm in that it only allows one character per computer or is it now like normal servers in that aspect?
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Does Brekt allow transfers off the server?
  8. Tereil Elder

9. Schadenfreude Augur

It's a normal server in this aspect.
    Janakin likes this.
  10. Janakin Augur

Cool thanks!
  11. Yimin Augur

No it does not allow transfers off ...

Yi Min
  12. skattabrainz Augur

I really wish they would do a truebox current-eq server. I know Phinny will eventually be this but not for some years.
  13. FurySoul Augur

It is too early to tell. By the time Phinny gets to the current era of expansions, many things can happen depending on the environment. Hard to predict server populations of vastly different gaming styles in coming expansions. There is always the chance that they will switch off true box if the population falls bellow a certain threshold for a certain period of time.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

I don't think it's something they can just "switch off" - I think the best chance of Phinigel characters being able to play on a "normal" server would be if Phinigel merged into an already existing live server without that ruleset.

I think it would be interesting to see a live EQ server with Truebox mechanics. With how much spamming buttons there is in live EQ..... Anyone who boxes more than 1 character on the same IP will be nailed with truebox disconnects. I could imagine on some raids 10 - 15 people who are boxing disconnect. It's pretty funny to think about but would definitely be aggrivating for the players involved.
    FurySoul likes this.
  15. FurySoul Augur

You might be right, but I bet they have a way to switch the true box code off and just make the server more "live" styled. I would bet that its more work for them to merge any server than it is to modify the server itself.

I for one would love to see a true box current era live server. just cause, why not ....
  16. skattabrainz Augur

My hope for the server would be the callback allure of a new server with a ruleset that encourages people to round up their old crew, but without the xp penalty of Phinigel and with the bonus of not needing a full 6 to do group work, thanks to mercs.

I bet a lot of otg people for instance would come back for that.