Breaking mez

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Critts, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Critts Augur

Is there a way to break mez on yourself as a SK? I was looking through spells and didn't see anything similar to what Necros get. Can you just dot yourself? Also is there anyway to break mez after it's been cast on you while your mezzed?
  2. Brudal Augur

Prior to the buffs for soothing breath/knowledge of the past/ancestral memories being migrated to item aa's, a sk buffed with lich and call with any hots buff blocked would break mez the next tic. I don't think that has been possible in the past 2 expansions with standing regen exceeding the self damage portion. I recall /dueling another tank during some older events and they would be able to break my mez with an attack. Some used the reckless health potions to add to the self damage. Your own dots would be shortened duration if you could even get them to land due to increased resistance.
    Critts likes this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I used fear fruit a lot when doing the tower of rot mission, but you have click off most regen effects to include the AAs form items to do it. Basically your combat hp regen needs to be negative for it to break men the next tic. So in essence you have to plan for ahead of time.
    Critts likes this.
  4. Dbrane Lorekeeper

ok, i just ran into this problem, not 2 days ago. I was doing a bunch of cotf HAs to gear up my mercs, so i ended up doing the Neriak HA the Sealed Gate. One part of this is you need to dps down some object that is guarded by 2 DE mobs who are chanters (you do this 4 times).

My main is a 105 SK and after getting mezzed and wiping I finally got smart. I cast the 104 DoT Deceitful Blight on myself. Why that one? Because it's corruption based and my corruption resists are way lower than any other resist. Anyway, what i had to do was to cast it on myself away and see what my healer merc does. She cures it with a spell and i block that spell. Then i do it again, she cures it with another spell and i block that one too. The i do it again and she doesn't cure it, meaning she doesn't have anything else. Now i am gtg. The bastards still tried to mez me, but now it only lasts one tick. After that i had no problems. I guess the smart thing to do is make a hotkey to block, unblock these spells.
    Critts likes this.
  5. Brohg Augur

As a rule, mobs mez the first character to have agroed them (the puller), not the highest agro (the tank). If you arrange for those to be different characters, np with mezzing from trash. Something like Tower of Rot is different, of course
    Critts likes this.