Breaking a Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simone Augur

It might be possible to create an agreement on rotations that will be active through Planes of Power with minimal changes to prevent either of those extremes from occurring. I personally would be in favor of agreeing to keeping the current 3:1 system and instead of having meetings about how much FFA there should be in a rotation we would really only have to discuss which mobs should be rotated and which mobs should be gatekeepers. No phases, no moving goal posts, just a rotation that more or less runs itself. This should also lead to less frequent and shorter meetings.
  2. Zhutuak Augur

I have been saying this the whole time, the rotation is set in place as protection from each other, not the rest of the server. If you choose to join the rotation, you are bound to the terms. If you have not, you are not.

This takes away any incentive of the mage army to be in a guild and brings back to light the real root of the problems we have, 3rd party software, no pnp and of course game mechanics.
  3. Protocol Dragon Defender

It's not possible because the rotation council is full of schemers who will keep trying to change things or implement new rules etc. It's the reason we've had like 50+ hours of rotation meetings in three months, it's the reason we've got 50 pages of discussion on the public forum here and another 20+ of private bickering.

Here is the mindset of some of the guild leaders here:
    Am I the best? No -> Change the rules
    Batbener and Zublak like this.
  4. Simone Augur

Maybe it's because I'm newer to the server but I'm much more optimistic than you. The purpose of the rotation is to help maintain the health of the server and I think letting the rotation devolve to the point you described would be counter-productive and I honestly feel that most people in the discussions will be able to see that or would be at least receptive to arguments in regards to that. Anyway I guess we'll see how it goes in the next few meetings but I think everything will work out okay.
  5. Zhutuak Augur

So much a mirror of how we are lead in life. Boggles the mind how much this virtual reality mimics the real one. Ever wonder if there is a way to use one to improve the other?
    Foxxbott likes this.
  6. Darth Augur

I"m fully ready to disband my guild and kill everything that spawns that is interesting to me as a guildless mass of confusion.

That would allow me to ignore the rotation right?
    Zublak likes this.
  7. Zohan Journeyman

This is exactly what should happen, with TS, VENT, Mumble etc you don't need a guild chat to organize and raid.
    I really hope you do this Darth, because that would shut up all this crying and moaning not only from people like Zhutuak but also from other so called rotation guild leaders that want to be spoon fed all their kills.
    Anarchy would bring a lot of people back to reality and it would be fun as hell along the way watching the different raids form with no tags and racing to mobs.
    Zublak likes this.
  8. Croak Augur

Darth... lies

Within minutes of the first enforced rotation being posted...

So far it has been 1 month since the fair needs of non-rotation players should have been taken into account, and quite frankly as census data suggests we represent more than 50% of the server, every delay and lie about the situation exasperates the situation.
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

I see no evidence you represent any significant portion of the 46+ playerbase. Also your post immediately became about mage crowns after that supporting Darths statement.

Stick to crying about class action lawsuits and getting the entire rotation council suspended in PMs, at least only a few people see how ridiculous you are that way.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Zhutuak Augur

I do not see Croak`s post the same way you do, he does not mention mage crowns at all Darth does. He pointed to census data however did not provide a link to support it. What he has done though has supplied evidence that he himself brought up that there was nothing taken into account for the average player not in a raiding or potential raiding guild with regards to Sky.

Since he brought this up over a month ago, he is pointing out that you are doing nothing about the concern and it has come to a point where some of us are pushing back.

So Darth, with your most recent threat of holding the server hostage because you are being stood up to, what else are you willing to do to make everyone else miserable? We are identifying the real problem, players like you that actually do not know how to share. The rotation is in place because of people like you.

Ironic too as you have told me personally you and your guild have no need for the first four isles (which I doubt holds true for everyone, just you). So if you de-guild and harass everyone by attempting to monopolize the content, I would petition dbg that you be banned or suspended, whichever until you actually learn how to compromise.

Or you could share and work with everyone else on modifying this aspect of Sky because it is the easiest solution and the right thing to do.
  11. Darth Augur

I think it's funny that you say I don't share.

The rotation on Lockjaw existed prior to DBG enforcement, because, I was willing to share.
  12. Zhutuak Augur

So extend that Darth, stop being a dope. Do something again beneficial for the server, I understand it is going to cut your pie even into smaller pieces, get on dgb to increase spawns. It has the potential to work for everyone provided we all work for it.
  13. Darth Augur

I'm sorry I don't negotiate with terrorists.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

Dude if you're talking about sky then I'm sure there will be a FFA day. Everyone seems to be on the same page about it. But get this, we have scheduled rotation meetings where we propose changes. We voted to have an earlier one and it was voted down. So wait until the next meeting like everyone else.

Also people keep trolling your thread because you're acting like a buffoon. We had a page or two of serious discussion here and it was nice. Now we're back to nothing. Your behavior is the number one argument against your own desires right now.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Snar Lorekeeper

Have you forgotten that Darth and Faceless started a rotation before DBG's "Enforced" Rotation?
    Or that there are multiple other members on the council that also have an equal say in the agenda and what is covered in those meetings?

Explain to me how Faceless has ever held this server hostage? When lack of competition equated to dominance in the fashion you are referring to?

You have degraded this into another personal attack with no justification or proof.

This group of players are fantastic and their officers are even more so. They are the primary reason that I moved to Lockjaw. The only thing that this guild has begged from the community is to compete. They setup a rotation and honored it. They have done nothing but give up what they worked hard to attain.

You demand the right to compete and attempt content and you have every right to do just that.

But the expectation some people think they deserve their equal share despite not having the same dedication or work ethic of these guys is astounding.

DBG can't enforce respect, that you have to earn.
    Simone, Mishkin and Protocol like this.
  16. Zhutuak Augur

Says the guy who just made a threat.

I have made my point, that we do not all play the same or have the same goals and I firmly believe that if we all work together splitting sky up into ffa and rotation like every other plane, it will actually be beneficial for the health of the server.
    Batbener likes this.
  17. Zhutuak Augur

Hi Snar, Darth just threatened to hold the server hostage, up until recently I have had nothing but respect for Faceless. After actually having some interactions now, I do not see Darth as the all giving some of you see him as. I see someone who got out in front of a potential problem so he could continue to have as much control as possible.

Even now with his one vote, he seems to speak for the rotation. To me it is a power play and it needed to be pushed because not all of us play like you.

I agree, we are getting no where and would once again request DBG to step in.
  18. Batbener Augur

I personally don't think he is acting like a buffoon, but at the same time whether he is or isn't shouldn't affect a policy on fair game play. That's straight politics, and it should be left out of competitive gaming. It's been 12 days since he was booted from Sky. How many times has Nagy been killed in that time frame? Inny? We are talking about mobs on a 2 hour spawn. 12 days is a long time in this game. Hell, I have leveled 2 sets of alts to 20, JC to 200 and Smithing to 150 in that time, and I am a filthy casual.
  19. Protocol Dragon Defender

Lol if you think Darth has any extra weight in the rotation. It's more like the opposite.
    Simone likes this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

To quote someone's amazing board signature:

Sarcasm - a literary device for identifying the stupid.
    Simone, Mishkin and Protocol like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.