Breaking a Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bewts Augur

No, I am not breaking anything. Nor, could I.

However, I raised a question last night in General and I want to make sure I have my information correct.

I observed some "common" PoSky drops being auctioned off in CL and in General for 450 a pop. I'd suppose there were maybe a dozen total items being auctioned. I bought some bark in the hopes that one day my cleric might get her shield from there.

So I raised the following question:
    As I am not associated with or participate with a raiding guild, I do not have access to PoSky during a set period of time. Technically I never will pre-Kunark (likely not until Velious) unless I create a guild to join the rotation or join a guild currently on it. As such, if I gathered a handful of groups to farm the "easier" islands for drops, would that constitute breaking the agreed upon rotation?
    The answer was a resounding yes, you would be breaking the rotation and you may even get your accounts suspended for doing so.

So my question: is this last part actually true? Breaking a rotation instead of paying some guild on the rotation exorbitant prices for the no-drop items they do not want from PoSky will get your account suspended?

I just want to be clear here before I decide how I will get my PoSky drops in the future.
  2. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

I wouldn't waste time buying the droppables unless you already had access to the nodrop piece you needed, especially on LJ.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Makelite Augur

For all the arguments against randoms going to kill trash and then following it by auctioning off the drops........every person level 50 that isn't in these guilds should go to sky and kill stuff. I DARE DBG to start suspending the server for the sake of appeasing the rotation guilds. I can almost guarantee they won't.
    snubs likes this.
  4. Azzudien Augur

Please delete this thread as sky threads have been done to death
    Simone likes this.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

Yes, lets keep the server ignorant and never answer anyone's questions about the rotation/raid zones. This is the way it should be handled.

To answer the OP, I am fairly certain at the next rotation meeting they're discussing an off day where anyone can go up to sky. As of right now yes it could get you banned, but even the people in charge of the rotation realize this is pretty foolish and after the incident on 8/20 they are looking to allow anyone up there.

This is to the best of my knowledge and I have only heard this from secondary sources, but I am fairly certain it is accurate.
    snubs and Zhutuak like this.
  6. Makelite Augur

Nope, it's a legitimate question that DBG has failed to confront the whole of the server with. If they do delete, then more reason to step all over this sky rotation and let DBG decide if they really want to hand out suspensions to grouping people.
    Zhutuak likes this.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

If DBG is going to enforce that people aren't allowed to kill trash mobs, then they need to enforce bans for people selling the drops from there then.
    Agrippa, Zhutuak and Batbener like this.
  8. Batbener Augur

Selling anything on a rotation should get you banned. Telling someone they can't kill something because it isn't their day, then selling it to them is about as dirty as it comes in an MMORPG. Rotations are dumb.
  9. Simone Augur

There are no trash mobs in Plane of Sky.
  10. Makelite Augur

Just give it up, no one really gives a damn what you guys have to say anymore. No trash mobs in sky? What a joke
    Batbener and Zhutuak like this.
  11. Zhutuak Augur

I agree to an extent, as it stands there is not enough content to go around. This has been stated over and over, it helps people keep from having their heads explode over literally nothing.

I do agree 100% that rotations of group-able content is dumb and down right dirty, especially when it precludes the majority of the server.

Oh and Bewts, you are welcome to join me in Sky anytime, just look for me in game, Zhutuak or Uumdano are good contacts.
  12. Kylo Elder

So couple of guild have plane of sky lock down and noone can enter plane of sky. Than they sell the drop in plane of sky for mass amount of Krono. wow Gratz DBG for supporting RMT
  13. Simone Augur

There aren't trash mobs in sky. There are key mobs, quest mobs and trigger mobs in Plane of Sky. A trash mob would be something more akin to Loathing Lich in Plane of Hate or A Glare Lord in Plane of Fear. Also I can guarantee far more people care what I have to say than you do; all of these threads being created about this subject is proof of that.
  14. Makelite Augur

If you mean your guild or other guilds in the rotation, then sure they care but I guarantee they aren't the majority of the server unless those not in those guilds don't count, which you seem to elude to.

So, Queen Everquest, please belay upon us the rules set forth by our guild leading overlords where we shalt or shalt not set foot and kill such labeled mobs? Tool lol
  15. Numiko Augur

[IMG]
    Jaxarale01, Punchu and Warpeace like this.
  16. Zhutuak Augur

Winner.

At this point, the whole rotation is a sham since they have precluded the rest of the server from fast re-spawning and group-able content.

As far as I am concerned, whoever has not agreed to join the rotation is not subject to its rules. While I am not advocating breaking their rotation for legit raid bosses, I am of the notion that sky should be ffa for the rest of the server up through isle 4.

If they want to break their own rotation by going out of their guilds or staying within and monopolizing the content on these first four islands in any way shape or form, they should be subject to their own rules and be suspended or banned.
  17. Fiyero Augur

Currently yes, it would constitute breaking the rotation, however, guild leaders are discussing opening up the lower islands to FFA. Good luck on the shield though. It's one of the last pieces I need and still haven't gotten it since farming Sky week 1 of the server.
    Simone likes this.
  18. Bewts Augur

All I really wanted was an answer to the question about killing "groupable" content, PoSky and suspensions. Formally. From the development team or the apparent authority that represents DBG is this matter.

I am also of the opinion that I am not bound by the rotation's rules as I have not been provided a place to participate in the rotation by its founders. I had to be in a guild in order to participate in the conversation, of which I am not. No taxation without representation, Boston Tea Party. However, referring to my OP, I do not have the capability or intent to throw such a party and hence the question I have posed in the event I gathered some friends to farm some of the earlier islands. Or, as blasphemous as it is, being a filthy casual, create / join an alliance that is a loosely formed raid guild.

I think the best solution to the "casual" question in rotations is this:

"We will open a raid slot and content in rotations for a single Alliance when such a raiding alliance is formally formed, they prove their ability to do X Y Z and its leadership requests inclusion in the rotation for specific encounters / zones."

Things you would need to do:
    1. Define what a raid alliance is.
    2. Determine who is eligible (or not eligible to participate in the alliance).
    3. Determine what the alliance needs to achieve for inclusion on specific encounters / zones / rotations.
    4. Limit alliances to a single server-wide alliance (you don't need 6 separate alliances).

This puts the issue squarely into the hands of the non-raid community to formalize its own structure to participate, when it wants to, in raid content without blowing up the agreed upon rotations of the raiding community non-raiders share content with.
    PPQ1 and Simone like this.
  19. Darth Augur

Darth here, Guild Leader of <Faceless Insanity> I'm going to give a brief summary of why Plane of Sky is on rotation.

In the early days of Lockjaw nothing was on rotation. Then three guilds and three bigger box groups emerged able to tackle all content at near all hours of the day.

A rotation was formed, predating "enforcement" The plane of Sky was added not as a rotation in the beginning. But rather days were made that guilds weren't allowed to go to Sky.

So for example Faceless Insanity, Ascended Darkness and Modest Man each had 4 over-lapping days that we stayed out of Sky. Effectively giving each of those guilds two days in Sky where the other two guilds just didn't go. A little further back and only Faceless Insanity and Ascended Darkness had this same agreement.

Fast forward to "Day of Enforcement" we had to figure out a way for new guilds to be able to raid Sky, so we ended up with our current rotation.

If DBG CS had never demanded we rotate and threatened enforcement all of you unguilded players wouldn't be at the mercy of rotation guilds.

Rotations should exist to maintain peace between competing guilds. Not to force an entire server to obey them.

But that is where we are.

We have a scheduled meeting for September 15th where we will find a way "no matter what" to open Plane of Sky to the Community in such a way that guilds like mine or any other rotation guild can't "lock" down your Community Day.

I would also like to point out that until 8/20 no unguilded person had expressed interest in Plane of Sky save for a few multi-Mage crews wanting Crowns for the Mage epic. Which my guild at least accommodated. I am certain other guilds did as well.

If anyone has any questions about the rotation, please feel free to contact me in game on Darth or Darthy, or to send me a private message here on the boards.

Faceless cares <3
    Simone and Tudadar like this.
  20. Finley Augur

The Daybreak mandate didn't explicitly state any rules that had to be included in the rotation. Your server decided to rigidly rotate Plane of Sky, it didn't have to be that way.

Pug groups were at the mercy of your guild (and the other guilds in the rotation) before the Daybreak mandate just like they are after it. They would only be able to take what you were willing to give up.
    Zhutuak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.