[BRD] Ameliorating Accelerando

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

The accelerando line of songs, released in HoT, reduces the recast time of heals and reduces aggro generated by said spells. This song is not very useful in its current form, which is sad because it has so much potential.

[35154/1546] Ameliorating Accelerando Rk. III
    Classes: BRD/98
    Skill: Stringed, Cap: 320
    Mana: 1752
    Target: Caster Group
    Range: 200', AE Range: 60'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 3s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Reduce Timer by 2.2s
    3: Limit Type: Beneficial
    4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: Limit Min Level: 86
    6: Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    7: Limit Effect: Current HP
    8: Limit Max Level: 100 (lose 5% per level)
    9: Decrease Hate Generated by 28%
    Text: Your pulse races to the accelerando.

Problems:

1. Limited group benefit: It is extremely rare to see more than one or two healers in a group; this song provides little to no benefit for any class other than priests. Why play a song for 1-2 group members when we have a variety of other songs that benefit everyone? We will never see five healers stacked in a group because a) that leaves no one watching most of the raids health, and b) its an enormous waste of healing power (group heals). This makes songs based on healing effects difficult to rationalize using.
    2. It costs too much mana (1752). My bards standing mana regen is 118/tick. The only other songs we have that use mana are Aria (140 mana), Crescendo (600), and the Insult line (2195/2023). I can only play this for about 10 minutes before I run out of mana, so it would be limited to use on a burn (in which case I probably get more out of nuking). Something that costs this much mana needs to be a lot more powerful. In its current form, this song really shouldn't cost any mana, and even if it was free I still wouldn't use it.
    3. The 2.2s timer reduction is not good enough. Let's look at priest heal spells for a minute: (DRU/SHM may have additional recast reduction for these spells via AA that I don't know about)

Cleric: Remedy (4.75s recast), Intervention (30), Renewal (30 -> 18 via AA), Light (N/A)
      Druid: Adrenaline Rush (15), Stemfang (15), Vivification (15), Sterivida (N/A)
      Shaman: Blezon's Recourse (24), Spiritual Surge (10), Blezon's Mending (N/A)

The recast reduction results in ~10% more total of these spells cast over time (potentially), except it does nothing for Remedy, Light, Sterivida and Blezon's Mending (some of the most commonly used spells). This assumes each healer is going to cast their long recast spells *every* time it's refreshed, which I'm pretty sure they wont be. Overall, this benefit just really isn't that great.
    4. It doesn't last as long as our other songs. Accelerando, Harmony of Tone, Aria, and Chants last 3s shorter than the rest of our songs, making playing them in a melody a pain (Aria is usually the only one people bother with).
    5. The aggro reduction element is irrelevant. Aggro from heals is completely negligible and not something I'm worried about at all, ever.
    Suggestions:
    1. Additional benefits to non-healers: It could be a reduction in recast time to detrimental spells and/or combat abilities, or spell haste (found in Imperator's Charge, Celestial Rapidity). It could be a % reduction in recast time instead of a flat 2.2s.
    2. The effect could be tied into one of our other songs (i.e Pulse of Salarra, Ruaabri's Reckless Renewal) instead of being its own song.
    3. Remove or reduce the mana cost, and extend the duration by 3s so we can play it in a normal setting.
    4. Change the aggro reduction effect and put something useful in - like +/- % aggro reduction for all actions (not just heal spells), a spell proc, or just remove it.
  2. Jyve Augur

Sounds good to me. Unlikely this version will be fixed, but good points for a later version.
  3. Siddar Augur

Multi healer groups are not that rare at all on raids,
    Yea it costs way to much mana for what it does.
    Timer reduction is not the primary benefit the heal agro reduction is.
    Yea I don't like songs that have shorter duration then others just cause.
    Disagree here the songs is built for the times when heal agro is in fact a issue. There are other much better songs that can be used if you just want to increase healing.

This is a healer song used ether in a tank group on raids are a when heavy AE healing creates the potential for heal agro issues again primarily on raids.