Boxing question?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runae, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Runae New Member

I have boxed up to 5 characters in the past. I like the boxing itself but what eventually makes me take a break is getting all my characters the same quests. It just becomes so tedious.

My question is to people that have boxed a while. Do you get all your characters the quests or do you pick one main and get only that one the quests? Maybe I'm just getting lazy about it idk. I like to get them all good augs and stuff but it just gets to be too much. I have 4 at lvl 86 a enchanter, sk, druid, and ranger. I lvled them from lvl1 up. I also have lvl 110 necro and mage and lvl 95 bard and cleric. I like all my toons but questing for all of them sucks.

How do you guys do your box teams?

thanks
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Depends ive been a completionist nerd lately but in the past i didnt even bother with quests outside of flagging requirements or really good rewards.
  3. Tucoh Augur

It's a pretty big nuisance. Especially quests that are require a lot of interaction or items per character.

https://tov.eqresource.com/spiderharness.php was pretty annoying.

On new content you're pretty motivated to quests on all boxes, but if I'm doing old content I'm only doing the quests on my warrior.

As much effort as the devs put into quests I don't even know who likes them all that much. I think most people just want to grind mobs, spawn named and run missions.
    Runae, Goranothos and KrakenReality like this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

It’s really painful. Modern quests aren’t so bad a lot of them are designed to accommodate group play, but they’re still awful. There’s a reason, why they’re designed to be only done once. Mercenary(kill tasks) don’t even reward experience. It’s a shame they spend all year designing single use content.

Also, it’s not any better with real people. I’ve been doing some Heroic Journey quests with some friends I introduced to the game and the quest design is so terrible. They’re 100% not designed with groups in mind and adding any extra players actively makes the gameplay experience worse.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I like most of the quests personally (there are exceptions - It would be nice to have a quest stay in one zone. This expansion has been annoying with quests requiring zoning all over the place). I do missions because of necessity but really, blowing up zlandicar or fight fire over and over I would not really call fun.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

/shrug

I see it as a kind of 'punishment' for boxing in a game designed to be played one account per customer. The tedium is shared by everyone. But spreading it out over 5 other people makes it feel much less so.
  7. Kase Augur

8. Goranothos Augur

The last quest I actually enjoyed was Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Hand.
    Endorek likes this.
  9. Petalonyx Augur

Painful, but made considerably easier with boxed mages (coth), druid/wiz (ports and tele bind), a tracker, 3+ fellowship for campfire, and a few hours of inventory sorting here and there.

I spread out questing stints for my sanity. I personally would not attempt full simultaneous quest completion on 4+ without the things listed above.
    Runae and Zamiam like this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

having a mage and druid/wizzy for greater maneuverability teleport to bind and Campfires with 3+ toons is a must when boxing ..

I box 3 ,4 or 5 toons and my main 3 always has a mage and if i add 1 or 2 more toons a druid/wizzy is in there somewhere as well .. or I have 1 i can load to add rq for any ports i need ..
  11. Runae New Member

Think I might take this approach doing them for my SK.

I like this too for when my toons get closer to 115.

Thanks all for for sharing the good advice ;)
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

For me it depends on the goal. The goal is usually group progression for me. If I only need to do it for one character then I'll just do that. But usually everyone needs to do it to progress to the next tier level/zone whatever.
  13. Conq Augur

All progression for all accounts for all characters. Except collections. I only finish collections for my main (Cleric) and my Warrior.
    Conq