Boxing leveling spots

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by aindriuc, May 14, 2020.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my boxing locations so far:
    1-10 Cresent Reach (the wildlife near the gnolls, then the gnolls for a while)
    10-20 Blightfire Moors (the rats and snakes near the PoK book)
    20-25 Blightfire Moors (The shrooms north of the little town)
    25-30 Blightfire Moors (The bees to the east)
    30-40 Blightfire Moors (The undead to the far north) [very fast respawn]

40-45? Goru'kar Mesa (The snakes to the east of the swirl on the map)

The experience so far has been really good, but after I got into Goru'kar Mesa, the experience and spawn rate of the snakes is very poor.

If anyone has there little powerleveling spots do let me know. Hope to get a conversation going, so folk can share their sweet exp spots, so us newbie boxers know where to go.
  2. Tuco Augur

3. Vhivi Elder

I don't like either of those zones. The exp is all right, but they are dismal to look at. If you don't go to Glooming Deep, then the original starting zones are far more interesting. I generally only play elves (dark, wood, and high) and humans. For the humans I like Qeynos better since the opponents drop items that sell for more coin (I have very little coin compared to all these people buying and selling stuff for millions).

Elves:
    1-8 Greater Faydark
    8-18 Crushbone

Humans:
    1-6 Qeynos
    6-8 Qeynos Hills
    8-10 Blackburrow / West Karana

Dark Elves:
    1-8 Nektulos
    8-10 Commonlands near tunnel

Humans / Dark Elves
    10-12 Commonlands (kodiaks and willowisps)
    12-18 North Marr (used to be Oasis of Marr) -- gators

All:
    18-24 Paludal Caverns -- bandits
    24-32 Feerrott -- lizardmen
    32-45 Lower Guk (Rathe Mts. for hill giants to get some coin)
    45-50 Maiden's Eye near Dawnshroud zone
    50-55 Greig's End
    55-60 Ssraeszha Temple
    60-65 ?

My highest level character is a 68 rogue and after Ssraeszha the fights got too difficult solo with a mercenary. Someone else can fill in that. Now that I'm running two accounts so can have a healer and tank, for 60-65 I plan on going to Torden, Bastion of Thunder to get to 70. I'm pairing that rogue with an enchanter. Once past Torden, I'll get into exploring and finding how to get higher. I have other pairings I'm leveling, but the rogue (68) and enchanter (55) have a ways to go before then.
  4. aindriuc Elder

Thanks for the tips guys. I did City of Mist around the back bridge circle a good few times and got to level 45. It's a bit difficult boxing and running around a dungeon though.

Then, I looked up the hotzone and it was Dulak Harbour. I found a sweet little spot just on the bridge of the first boat which has level 48/49 mobs on that boat and are good to level off. The exp isn't as fast as 10-40 but I am making progress.

Sounds like Vhivi that you like the good old traditional zones. I am not that high yet, but I'll definitely try out those new zones once I get there.
  5. Klaim240 New Member

1-10 CR
    10-20 Unrest
    20-30 Sol a
    30-45 Guk/Sol B
    45 Chardok Seb

This is the old school route. Works well for me.... the only changes I made this time round is Guntrak and Dulak 30-45. Gem drops, lots of mobs, and easily accessible through PoK. Once I hit 45 though I am knee deep in Chardok.
  6. Klaim240 New Member

Greigs end should take you from 50-60 pretty easily at the gate. Once you hit 60... Plane of fire all the way. 60 start on yard trash. As you push closer to 65, levy invis into the first fort. Past 65 get into the 2nd fort. Should take you straight to 70+.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I like Gulf of Gunthak -> Dulak's harbor -> Plane of Innovation
  8. Fluid Augur

If you are comfortable in Dulak's Harbor, you could try switching to Crypt of Nadox entrance #1. There are some OK drops both outside the Crypt entrance and when you first zone in. Some magic from Preceptor Grakomus in the last part of Gulf of Gunthak and cloistered sentinel when you first bust into the Crypt zone.

Understand it is an old zone so the item drops are mostly what I would call twink gear, suitable for a level 30ish character. The first room in Crypt of Nadox is all single pulls if you stay away from the two by the hall way. It used to be my favorite spot for leveling up my lower toons with a head shot Ranger until the nerf. All the MOBs fight to the death and don't run, so you don't even need to snare them.
    Pelrond likes this.