Boxing is ruining the server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ruiner, May 22, 2015.

1. Lennyn Elder

Which...is the same thing. It doesn't matter what direction you run in either game, once you reach a predetermined distance the mobs reset. That, is a radius. In both games. In EverQuest the radius just happens to be bigger.
  2. Lennyn Elder

This will not prevent kill stealing.
  3. Porygon Augur

No, you misunderstand. You can kite an EQ mob indefinitely if you stay close to it. Theres no "radius" from its spawn that makes a difference. If you run fullspeed, and outdistance the mob, is when it will stop chasing.

In wow, there is a radius from spawn that the mob will reset on, doesnt matter if youre 40 yards or 5 yards from it.
  4. Porygon Augur

No, but it will make it harder, and give a significant advantage to the player engaging the mob first.
  5. jordune Augur

still waiting for some afkers to log off so i can log my boxes on 8((
  6. Templeton Augur

Try not to be such a cliche?
  7. Lemuelbaruch Elder

Ohh were bad people? Why because I can play more than 1 character peacefully without disturbing others and using software? Damn i didnt know i was a bad person, thanks for sharing your complete ignorance.

"Have a nice day!" >.<
  8. Lennyn Elder

So give it a radius, a timer, something...anything is better than doing nothing about kill stealing, which is what they've done for 16 years. Nothing. GMs wouldn't even read server logs to ban people, they actually had to witness it in order to do anything about it. With petition times what they were GMs were rarely, if ever, able to witness these types of crimes.

So let's do "something" about it. It's way past time.
  9. Gehlfein Elder

You're essentially playing 1 character and botting the rest. You can argue semantics, but at the end of the day, that's how it is. Most games ban people who bot as cheaters. This one doesn't for the sole reason that it needs all the money it can get.

In my opinion - and ONLY in my opinion (which, by the way, you seem to care about way too much about), you're a cheater. And yes, cheaters are bad people.
  10. xakanrn Augur

problem is only other mmo .boxing is allowed in everquest.so people do it and do it to excess sadly.
    however reason i am against boxing on this server is it is a nostalgia server.vast majority want to group and if the cannot log in because someone running 6 accounts ingame ultimately it will kill the soul of this server and people will leave.
    bad for all including playerbase and DBG in long run and in long run i mean months not years.
    boxing should not have been allowed on this particular server and i think the short gain dbg makes will be lost longer term.
    also many hardcore boxers already play on regular server so actually are not new buisness for dbg and would have pain anyhow
  11. Lennyn Elder

There is some guy in WoW that boxes so many toons he runs his own raids.
  12. Lemuelbaruch Elder

What are you talking about? Its called multi tasking, never heard of it? A bot is something that is automated and my box isnt, so how bout you get a clue before you post this ignorant crap
  13. Brulia Elder

Boxing isn't ruining the server. DBG lack of preparation and planning is causing this pain.
  14. vardune Augur

No Day Break Games is, by being greedy and not bring up another server. they don't want to add the additional support cost to an already obvious cash grab, one server max it out head home for the weekend, @#$# our loyal customers that have stuck around for 16 years.
  15. Lemuelbaruch Elder

Its ok brulia people dont know the difference between a box (playing more than one character) and a bot which is automated and scripted.

I give this thread 1/10 for effort /golf clap
  16. sihpa Augur

I'm happy you box really I am LOL
  17. Templeton Augur

Yeah, their lack of planning of banning boxers in way over capacity pre expansion server built to handle groups, not soloers.

1 person taking the place of 2-6 is clearly a problem.

If the boxers grew up, stop being selfish dicks, and just agreed to level their teams once this weekend cleared a LOT less would be happening.

Asking adults to have empathy seems to be beyond the understanding of most though.
    Wayylon likes this.
  18. Lemuelbaruch Elder

why thank you.
  19. Dethklok New Member

Yes please ban the boxing crews. Only the boxxers want them there the rest want them gone. they are ruining the overall experience and eventually will simply run off many or most of the other pkayers looking to re-experience the old days. I implore you to please fix this before its too late. I have paid to play now please make it fun for us all not just a few selfish people with more money than sense. Boxing is and always has been a form of exploiting/
  20. sihpa Augur

Empathy is for normals. Psychopaths dont have the ability to empathize. Furthermore your expression of it is viewed with contempt and is considered a weakness.