Boxing and Mercs Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dredlox, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Dredlox Elder

Hey all, came back a couple of months ago and leveled up my team of SK, ENC and Wiz using two healer mercs and a wiz merc. Have to say, hasn't been to bad, has allowed me to do pretty much anything I've wanted although gearing the sk is a chore, it's a fun class with tons of utility and I enjoy being able to pull and tank with him.

I am just mostly working on aa's now and to break the monotony of it was thinking of leveling another team and was wondering the viability of a tank merc. Was interested in Shm, Bard, Mage with tank and healer merc and third being a dps merc. By maining and healing with the shm, would the tank merc be viable in TDS zones? Thanks
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Your mage pet will be far more viable than the tank merc. With that line up, I'd consider healer and two dps mercs, using the shaman for backup.
  3. rune00 Augur

Tank merc isn't viable after level 50 or so. Don't do it.
  4. Dredlox Elder

Damn, really? So bard would just be a buffbot then and my puller of course. Even against names the pet will out tank the merc?
  5. Borek-VS Augur

Hmm... I haven't checked since the recent retuning of pets for TLP, that may have had an impact. But yes, air pet backed by swarm pets tanks single pulled non-names very well, earth pet/swarms on names and the odd multi-pull. A well geared/AAed tank is still always better than the equivalent mage pet, however, so bear that in mind. Tank mercs have never been good in current content (but under 60 can't be beat).
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Tank mercs are perfectly viable at any level; they simply are not ideal post 70. Pet tanking limits how you play and what classes you can realisticly group with.
  7. Makelite Augur