Box Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tappa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Tappa New Member

Hello. Been a long time but now have some free time and want to 6 box only. However, I want to relive a lot of the older content and not be able to just mow over it with one hit.

What server, if any, allows multi boxing and has the fewest expansions unlocked?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Older content on live servers is still challenging at level 1 if you are also level 1. You would only mow thru stuff if you were higher level doing it.

New players frequently get stuck on heck levels at 50 and onward and then make Heroic upgrades (instant level 85) to skip past 35 levels cause they are so hard.
  3. Tappa New Member

Thank you? I mean, you didn't answer my question at all lol
  4. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Rizlona is a progression server that allows boxing that is only up to maybe omens or war, not really sure exactly havent been on there in awhile. You will need to be all-access to play on it though.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sure I did, you want to relive a lot of the older content and not be able to just mow over it with one hit.

You can do that on any live server.

As far as fewest expansions unlocked, then if you want TLP info - here is a list of who what and when
    https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server

6. Gialana Augur

TLP servers are the only servers that have some expansions currently blocked to all players on the server.

Rizzlona is the only TLP that allows playing more than one account from a single computer. The rest of the TLP have TrueBox code enabled, which means you'll need 6 separate computers to play 6 characters at once.

If you have 6 computers, you could play on Thornblade or Mischief. Those 2 have the fewest number of expansions unlocked.

To 6-box on a TLP, you'll need to have 6 All Access accounts.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

It doesn't matter if the expansions are unlocked. If you want the old world experience, just don't use the defiant armor, etc. You don't need TLP since you want to 6-box you wont be playing with anyone anyway.

I suggest you 3-box on a liver server and use mercs. EQ is more fun with friends. 3-boxing is ideal because, despite mercs being less powerful than players, you can drop the merc for a player, can still campfire and still have 6 in your group. I suggest a plate tank (War/SK/Pal), a DPS, a support and a healer. Of course, you can box as many as you want.

I gave 4 roles for 3 toons but most toons can fill 2 rolls. SHM can heal and support with slows. BST can DPS and slow allowing you to use DRU or CLR for heals. CLR mercs work well, so I suggest SHM or druid with CLR merc and 2 rogue mercs. Etc.

If you are going to 6-box, box a mage for CoH and a Dru/Wiz for ports. Moving is the hardest part of boxing.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, at the very low levels, defiant is no great shakes compared to the original armor drops. Besides, at low levels, you level faster than you can find drops to fill your slots, anyway. I'd say, if you get defiant drops early on (crude, simple, rough, etc), go ahead and use them. It won't really change the experience, and you may have a shot at actually filling your armor slots before you've outleveled a LOT of the content.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

I agree completely. My point was just that I didn't think it was necessary to pick a server that didn't have expansions unlocked. It's easy to just avoid the stuff added later to have the experience. A person 6 boxing doesn't need a populated server to LFG on. Actually a low population server is better. Less competition for a 6-boxer.

I guess the exception would be the related economy, but the truth is, old world Tradeskill items are relatively more valuable on live where platinum is abundant and people are not farming low level silks. They are willing to pay a lot more plat on live servers for ores, silks, pelts, research items, etc while buying the armor cheaper.