Box Mage Enc Issue

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Pneumothorax, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Pneumothorax Journeyman

Having some issues with keeping mage pets on target using my Enc. Whenever I mez a mob the pet stops attacking and won't engage mob until mez is broken even when I hit pet attack. Any way to force the pet to engage a mezzed mob? I don't like breaking mez with the enc or the mage because they usually will get plowed for a round or 2. Also as Enc I want to use chaotic befuddling, but it causes the target to get mezzed and the pet will stop engaging as well.
  2. silku Augur

Best way to break mez is to us Relentless Servant. Then send in normal pet again. If you must, mem blur the mob before servant so servant gets all the agro.

As to befuddling, keep more than one mob in camp. Mez one that you are not fighting, and nuke the one you are.
  3. Voragath Augur

This is by design. A pet (mage or otherwise), won't engage a mob that is mezzed. You must break mezz for the pet to engage. Silku pointed out the key workaround as a mage: use the Rxxx Servant pet. That spell will cast a nuke first that breaks mezz and sends a pet after the mob that will grab the aggro so the mob doesn't attack you or the main pet.
  4. Dandin Augur

Or you can use a Magma orb set to your potionbelt

/potionbelt activate #
    /pet attack

less Mana costly. But you run the risk of.
    A) Aquiring agro
    B) being summoned

when i box Mage Enc

i use RS pet to snap mezz.
  5. Ayoheee Augur

6. silku Augur

7. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Range is too low for my liking on that one.
  8. Dandin Augur

To break mezz on my Enchanter, I throw a DOT.
    Typically in a Mage/ENC box crew though, your going to want to break mezz with the magician, and there have been several methods suggested.
    The reason being is if you are boxing Mage Enchanter, your pet is your tank.

Use the magma orb (summoned item) or the RS pet if you don't mind the mana usage.

Just a suggestion, as it sounds like you are pulling with the enchanter, AE mezzing, and then grabbing one with the magician, try this.

Pull your mobs slightly ahead of your kill zone. Then use the magma orb to snap mezz on your intended target,
    Allow it to come forward a bit, Clear of the AE mezz range, then throw your pet at it.

this will allow you to use your Rain Direct Damage spells on the magician, amplifying your DPS output, while still being able to use your AE mezzes on the Enchanter.

Typically. When I box, I do something like this.

Pull with tash on one target, however many come I don't particularly care. Run back, giving myself roughly 50ft of room, turn around,
    Beam of Slumber the targets I'm killing, follow that with a Stare mezz.

Then I flip to the Mage screen, Molton orb, count to three, and hit my multibind, which sends my Mage pet, and casts RS.

Then I flip back and forth between the two instances, and apply my Normal combat rotation.
    My Mage stays on one target, casting RS, Fire rain, Magic Rain and 2 spears,

My enchanter mezzes the targets with Chaotic mezz, then nukes the mages target twice with his two highest nukes.
    Using this method. I can sustain the highest DPS rotation between both my magician and my enchanter.

No mezz mobs? No problem!

I use my Mage pet as a battering ram to get between my Enchanter and the no mezz mobs!

With a multibind on both characters, I can keep my magician and my enchanters spell gems grey 100% of the time. Meaning, my magician and my enchanter can not cast any faster.

My magicians multibind key also has his summoned items (Molton orb and the like) tied to a /pet attack hotkey. Meaning my Mage is essentially in full burn mode all the time.

The only issue I have is mana. Both my magician and my enchanter burn mana fast. So I need to supplement them both with 2nd spire, Mod rods, BP click, Gather capacity, and Mana reserve on cooldown. I'll even use forced rejuv on the magician to force another Gather Capacity!

My enchanter can hold his mana a little better. But.. Not much!

Cheers and happy boxing.
    Don't be afraid to send me a tell or an email here on the forums for further tips and tricks with your box team. As I have played these two characters together in groups for a decade!

:tell bristle.dandin
    Or Dandingaming@gmail.com