Box crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ryche66, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Ryche66 New Member

I can run EQ fine on my laptop on one account but every time I tab out to load one of my other accounts to 2-3 box I can only get as far as the patcher. Once I hit play to start the game it crashes. Seems like it crashes any time one session of the game is already running. I am running this on a Dell Inspirion 15 Gaming laptop. driver version 378.92. Intel I5 Core 7300HQ CPU@ 2.5 GHZ. 7.87 GB ram. Any ideas?
  2. Ryche66 New Member

Ok, so it appears that the feed to the 23" monitor is the issue. When I run 3 accounts using only the laptop, no problems. When I hook up the monitor to it, boxes crash instantly. Could this have something to do with the sound? Sound still stays on the laptop with the other monitor hooked up. Also I am using a VGA cable and an HDMI adaptor to the laptop. Wondering what would happen if I tried using a DVI cable instead with the corresponding HDMI adaptor. Monitor has ports for both.
  3. Lasii-Rathe New Member

Check if you have Nvidia share turned on, if so, off it.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or some sort of graphic conflict in the settings. That usually crashes right off the bat.
  5. Ryche66 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out that playing full screen was the issue after all, whether I use the big monitor or not. Since I cannot use alt/tab to box anymore with windows 10, and have to use windowed to get the bar etc..., that's what I'd have to do anyway. Still used to using alt/tab all the time, but I'll get used to windows 10 eventually. Resistance is futile.