Box bard and Fight Fire

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cicelee, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Cicelee Augur

Scenario: raid magician, max AA, ROS raid pet focus. Box bard, I use alt-tab on laptop to switch between toons.

So I am not worried about the first twelve trash mobs. I can figure out how to single pull them. The issue is what happens when the four final mobs come at once. What am I supposed to do?

My current thought process is to hit Deftdance on bard and cast AOE mez song on bard. Then tab to mage, AOE malo, then send pet on whatever mob(s) did not get messed. Leave bard alone casting that AOE mez song every 30 seconds or so, hoping that the song lands again before the mez is up. Once mage kills the mob(s) that were originally not messed then mage breaks mez one at a time until all four are dead.

Is this the right thought process? Just leave bard alone and cast AOE mez song? Or is there something different that is better?

Thanks for replies.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

One thing to be aware of is they are pretty resistant. Might have to malo before mez will land.
  3. svann Augur

If mez is getting resisted - the Lady's Entreaty is an (somewhat) easy to get tash clickie. You could tash, fade, repeat till they are all debuffed then ae mez
    Skewert likes this.
  4. Parker Elder

I am not up to this mission yet so cant comment if this is best way to tackle what sounds like 4 linked mobs that you wish to peel off the bard possibly single while aoe mezzing?

One tip off the bat if youre worried about aoe mez breaking early use tune aa, it effects mez duration. You could either set up a social to keep casting with a tell or say at end of social or just keep tabbing back and forth.

As for the initial lock down, sure i guess you could deftdance and aoe mez but if resists ARE an issue why not kite and hit each mob with tash orb then deftdance and aoe mez...then peel what dont mez or break mez on one if all are locked down. Wish i knew more about the mission to help, sounds fun!
    Skewert likes this.
  5. josh Augur

like parker said, a tune stuck in your head active and you can just make a melody that is ae mezz and one other song, doesn't matter what and it will cast that song until mezz is off cooldown, Its never failed for me. I would deftdance, switch to mage and cast wind of malaise, then switch back to the bard and hit "tune" then ae mezz melody. If you are worried about taking aggro on the mage you could always hit silent casting before, but i don't think you would take it.
    Skewert likes this.
  6. Sindael New Member

I think you could also create a /melody like this:

AoE Mez
    Song A
    AoE Mez
    Song B
    AoE Mez
    Song C
    AoE Mez
    Song D

etc (however many different songs you'd want to twist..)

It should, if I am not completely wrong, fire off the AoEmez as soon as it is off cooldown and playable again, in between your regular songs. Combined with tune it should be working to lock down a group of mobs.

(You could also swap the aoe mez for nukes to have them fire as often as possible for a lot of nukeage and synergy procs, for other scenarios)
  7. Cuuthbert Augur

Well at the start would have mage go up do wind of malo then immediately hit drape of shadows to fade. It will land on 3 of the 4 and you can take more time to set up
  8. momentumAB New Member

You have bard speed - should be able to time it correctly that you get at least one shot at landing mez before you have to burn Deftdance by running in as they arrive. Can rinse-repeat with fade. Malo -> Deftdance -> Mez might be better too. Useful timing to get a feel for, although less powerful since fade got nerfed.

Didn't see it in your post, remember to use A Tune Stuck In Your Head to give you extra time on the re-mez.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I would like to thank everyone for their comments and thoughts on this matter. Yesterday I finally transferred my box bard and bought TBL for the bard. When I got to the foursome, I did the AOE malo/Drape at first. Then on bard did Deftdance then Tune then AOE mez song. All four were mezzed, then just broke mez on mage and pulled the single away from the rest and killed it down. Bard just stood there the whole time chain casting mez song with no issues.

I do have to eventually figure out how far I can stand away from the mobs to land AOE mez and still land bard songs on mage. Yesterday i just killed the foursome without bard songs except on last one. Even though it took 45 minutes to do (bard UI I forgot to copy paste over so I did not have any discs on hotkey) I at least know i can do it and it should go faster the more I do it.
    Skewert, Nniki and Mintalie like this.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

Can you not use Sionachies Crescendo (which appears to be wrapped into the extended notes AA, pardon me if it's not I dont play live currently) to extend song range.

It's a massive increase to song range
  11. Nniki Augur

Called Reaching Notes now, under Focus tab. Make sure it's enabled. Should have no issue with range.
    +260% beneficial song range at rank 24/24.
  12. Chaosflux Augur

O gotcha, I did use the wrong name. The AA revamp has thrown me through a loop, especially with how horrendous it is for certain classes at the lower level ranges

Making me buy flurry AA on my ranger Before I can buy Double attack increasing aa in Depths of Darkhollow... dummmmmmb.

I would have preferred if they added just alittle more diverging paths, I understand the whole cleanup the AA window but the amount of streamlining atleast for me made it very difficult to find what I want.

Especially throwing things like Frenzied Burnout in with the companions line, just doesnt seem very intelligent to me.

Is there a good resource for all the changes or do I have to keep perusing old patch notes?
  13. Nniki Augur

You'd probably need to go thru the old patch notes. Search for "consolidated" in the Game Update Notes section. I think that should return most if not all of the relevant ones.
  14. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Not saying it's best, but I've had success starting with deftdance and AE Mez. Assuming worst case scenario and they all resist Mez, I'm hitting them all with a Tash click/proc followed by a sleepwalker on mob #1 and a single Mez on mob #2 (recasting every 3s vs. 30 secs on AE Mez). Now... The bard is my box to my bst main, so handling the other 2 is just a matter of pet tanking mob #3 while I dps mob #4 down to their next stun point. Obviously burns are going, so mob #3 and #4 are dead before sleepwalker fades. The rest is just coasting.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

Before the fight Have mage do wind of Malo and then hit drape of shadows so they get malo and drop agro on the final 4. It will land on 3 of the 4.
  16. Waldagar Augur

I started running Fire Fight for the evolving gear over the weekend and this is what worked for me. I had the bard tash the final four mobs with the Lady's Entreaty and fade. I would then load up runes/defensive buffs on the pet and send it in and have it get aggro on all four mobs. The bard would then step in the middle and hit AOE mez with tune running. If any mob resisted mez, it was the first to die. With the pet set to "resume" and having aggro on all mobs, bard survival was much higher if Deft Dance ran out and mezz was resisted.

You might want to add in single target mezz into your AoE mez play list: "AOE Mezz", "Single Target Mez", Song #1, "AOE Mezz", "Single Target Mez", Song #2... That way the bard can switch targets and quickly remez resistant mobs without having to swap melodies.