Bows and weapon proc spells

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Richter Belmont, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Richter Belmont New Member

Im trying to explain that bow are weapons and that the spell effect description for the weapon proc spells such as the ranger self weapon proc, the Howle line for double attack chance, bard song weapon procs (i.e Song of Storms),and sham leopard line in their descriptions say empowers your weapons to do *effect* .

So the argument is why cant bow shots apply these effects like melee strikes. The premise that bow shots cant proc "spell procs effects" is there because the ranger does have AA line bow specific procs like Flame arrow/ poison arrow , but allowing these other effects to also proc on bow shots could let the ranger stay a ranged damage dps with the abilty of having spell crits from their AA tables (unlike most ofther melee dps).

It would not force a designed ranged dps class to fluncuate from melee to ranged depending on the expansion, but allow them a fair chance to stay a firm ranged option to dps with having weapon procs and weapon proc crits from a ranged option.

In the numbers that I have seen in my current expansion of DoN on Thornblade. It would not be a broken damage increase, but maybe equalize closer to a Bezerker class with their 2.0 or the three lesser 2-handers around. I have plenty of people that would agree, but I would like to bring this to the table to see this as chance to be changed.

Thank you so much for your time guys,
    Richter Belmont- 70 Ranger - Thornblade
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

If you want to do zerker dps, there is a very simple solution, make a zerker. If you want to do zerker dps and also do all the incredibly useful ranger stuff zerkers can't do, box.
  3. roth Augur

Ranged attacks do not actually use the combat engine that melee attacks do. The /autofire command just automates pressing Ranged Attack (without the wear and tear on the keyboard) repeatedly.

Procs, and other effects, have to be specially coded for Ranged Attack hammering to trigger them. Augs are coded thus. Most buffs are not. Double Attack effects are not coded to affect the Trick Shot line of AA’s, as far as I know.