Bounce Effect from Mount Movement is too much

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Niskin, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea depends on the mount some are better than other i like the flying carpet (Ornate flying carpet) best as theres not alot of bounce like some have.

Andarriel
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That would work for sure, just need to figure out if I can assemble the DPS to do this without it taking hours. And considering I'd need to run it twice, it could still take a while. Good tip though, and I will look into it.

All the good options seem to be difficult to get, or old expansion claims from when I wasn't playing. So I think it would still be worthwhile for the bounce rate to be looked at, if possible. I guess I'll just have to find some indoor places to fight so I don't have to worry about it as much...
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some mounts even in 3rd person jump the camera around, I always use a mount with as little z-axis motion as possible because otherwise I get real life motion-sickness from it.

The worst I saw was the Prowler series of mounts, geez they almost made me puke, the Raptors that are part of the Heroic upgrade are not great either, and have you sat at a stupid back-slanted angle which just annoys the hell out of me.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Get the Robobear mount then let's talk about bouncing again.
    Loratex and Sissruukk like this.
  5. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I think all of us old necros would. Thank Innoruuk for sokokar mount!!!
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Did I miss a Robobear? I have the Roboboar but don't use it much.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Just a confirmation: On top of being non-bouncy, the carpet is also a quiet mount, right?

I play with sound enabled, and I need a mount who knows how to shut up. :)
  8. Cicelee Augur

I do wish we had a marketplace forum. I have a carpet mount to sell, and looking at general chat makes me want to curl up in a ball and weep for humanity sometimes...
    Ozon likes this.
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

The bounce on the Queen' sokokar mount is annoying but for a speed of 85, one learns to bounce in stride.

Your best option is to suck up a couple hours and get the 'whirligig' copter mount done for your toons. Very fast, 75 speed , smooth as silk and very compact. Shrinks well too. No need to fuss with a giant gryphon or 50 carpets on raids. My alts now qualify as their own Norrathian Air Force. Pretty easy to complete these days if not a little boring to keep slamming the mech into submission.

Hurry while supplies or anniversary as it may be lasts.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Sorry for that typo, actually its Robobeer.
  11. Laronk Augur

page up makes you look up by default and page down makes you look down. The only time I first person is if I'm having issues while swimming.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Anizok's Steam Escalator is on the Market right now for 1045 DBC. Zero bounce, good speed, plus levitation. Bought it on both accounts. Problem solved. Thanks so much for the help!
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

14. Hegsheoshed Augur

I've been looking for someone to blame for the Firescale Wrulon being silenced. It used to make this great noise that sounded like our Bengal cat. Now she's gone and both the silencing and her passing happened around the same time. It probably wasn't you but I wish the option existed to have those sounds for the mount owner.
    Nennius likes this.