Botting / warping groups making it difficult to complete Hunter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashigaru, Mar 19, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Thanks for your opinion new member!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Ashigaru Augur

All that aside - it’s not gonna get fixed

My request - either allow named to spawn in instances... or give us locked pickzones (same effect
    , slightly different route) Crybaby can do his thing, we can do ours, hopefully everyone is slightly happier?

Dev input?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd prefer they locked it to the group who spawned it as they do with Judicator in poWar. This would hurt more than it solves. Groups what warp to named and are there before it even shows up on track....yes they are that quick.
  4. Ashigaru Augur

Still, the server is down now anyway so...
  5. cadres Augur

We know bullies are crybabies IRL; I have no idea what joy they get from ruining a game for folks, especially at a time when people are in self-isolation and/or have lost loved ones due to the pandemic. That's a new low of bullying IMHO
    I've stopped playing apart from some tradeskilling because there's no fun at all in camping something for hours only to lose it. All 3 groups of these folks have been blatantly doing their thing in ToV zones over the weekend. I also reported with full logs, but, yes, they're still there
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. Coaca New Member

Here is the first post about the botter:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...o-admit-they-dont-care-about-afk-bots.254004/

It was started: Jan 26, 2019.

Its still the same person. Everyone who plays current content on AB knows the botter and has problems with him. We keep reporting him since Januar 19 with or without videos. Nothing happens. Multiple threads in the forums.

He posts in all the threads with names like crybaby0x or hellboy0x or whatever.

People on AB starting to think eighter its the bot group of a GM or DGP gets money by hosting -Botting Software Server also. Over a year of reports and so far only people who report the botter got banned.
    This cannot be inabilty of DGB any more. There is something else.

So lets see if this post gets deleted now like Thancras from last week or i go into holiday.
    Server down anyway.
  7. Igniz Augur

Lol @ The warping and KS'ing botter reporting other players for training ...

What a time to be alive! Not!
  8. Ashigaru Augur

Define fair and square?
  9. cadres Augur

Sooner or later someone will probably commit suicide because of the bullying - that's not melodramatic; we've seen many many suicides around the world because of online bullying. It's not 'only a game' for many people, for some housebound & vulnerable folk, it's their only social contact, it's what they do, the only thing they do, for fun. For others it's an escape from intolerable problems. Then, and only then, after a tragedy, we see the bullies in court saying they had 'no idea' and the hosts of the bullying saying 'they did everything to provide a safe environment' - well, we're on notice here - neither of those statements is true. Law enforcement can find out who the bullies are when there's a death - just Google the jail sentences they've got. Do we really have to wait for that to happen. There are actual people behind those toons being griefed
  10. Ashigaru Augur

Cue google translated response from our resident cherub...
  11. Igniz Augur

I am not aware of any bans to my account. Do tell me more.
    I like how you are pretending to know what you are talking about, though - you could go into politics.
  12. Ashigaru Augur

… and there we go
  13. Ashigaru Augur

Good lad - I wanted to check which of the bot teams you were. You have neatly confirmed it.
  14. cadres Augur

He actually posted (in the deleted thread) a screenshot of a chat window from a very upset player who had remonstrated with him for taking a mob. I wonder how he would get such a screenshot.....
    (and why, given that, he's on the boards)
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. Ashigaru Augur

BTW - you also need to update your loot filters. You gave one of my buddies an ice encrusted item yesterday. He was very happy

Well I say gave - you left it on a corpse
  16. Enchilada Journeyman

Look at the names of his guild with /guildstatus. He assumingly has no life and wants desperately one ;)
  17. Triconix Augur

proceeds to use bot program to play the game for him.

I'd love to see you try this against my fellowship.
  18. Enchilada Journeyman

oh, I remember last year, some guilds joined to fight the botter in Mearatas. Even some raid groups had fun and bombed him into the ground. It was fun to see. I am not sure if they are still around and read that but it seems GD has soon some action....
  19. Ashigaru Augur

Nope, you're wrong
  20. Igniz Augur

'tis high time /guildwar came back :D
    Gyurika Godofwar and Whulfgar like this.