Botting / warping groups making it difficult to complete Hunter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashigaru, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Ksenija Elder

No need to KS in Sathirs when they have double groups of berserkers killing everything so there is nothing to even fight
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Wow, that's nuts.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What is messed up is this is taking our time away from our life to report these issues here in these forums. After of coarse /petitions /reports and screenshots (with video) , yet still these players play.

This gets old. This is not fun. This needs to change. These two videos is exactly what happens on live servers.

Like in the song: Devo - Whip It

When a problem comes along
    You must whip it
    Before the cream sits out too long
    You must whip it
    When something's going wrong
    You must whip it
  4. Ksenija Elder

Can't even train these XX2'ers.... full of berserkers they just chew through 10 mobs you try to train them with
  5. Tappin Augur

I get that people have a war against bots, but that’s distracting one of the main points of the thread - players being harassed by much more than automation. How about something is done about the players harassing others first, then the crusade against all third party programs can be continued.
    Metanis and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Requiesce Journeyman

He "generally" painted anyone that didnt agree with Xyphens opinion as simple minded .. granted he claims not to speak English very well /shrug

You two must share the same pair of shoes
  7. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

If you want something done use video (with timestamps) and don't post on forums or call out names. Timestamps allow the Dev's to search though a lot less lines of code to find the instances of ULA violation.

Submit the Video of warping directly to customer support, posting them on the forums will only get you in trouble.

Sadly, KS'ing is not against the ULA. Its disrespectful, not what I would do. But not getting someone banned because DBG (or DP) ULA does not consider that "camps" exist any more.

Training his box army will get you banned. I have read many people complain about when they get banned for training in retaliation, because bot army accounts holder video's the trainer and submits to customer support.

One suggestion to you would be to do hunter as a raid force.
    Second put all his toons on your friends list and avoid being in zone with him or his toons.

Those people are making a living doing what they do. Even if those accounts get banned, they will still be motivated to repeat the process to make a new bot army with new accounts.
    Enchilada likes this.
  8. Enchilada Journeyman

That is what I do and the botter normally at least on AB has not the burn power, as long as their macros are doing it automated. Some of these macros seem to get out of hand and he is not really always controlling their killstealing. On the other hand some extreme players have problems with boxers who use now bigger groups to be protected. And getting raids together for group content if it is difficult to get even groups together sometimes does it not make it better. But boxing a bigger group and grouping with other boxers seems the best solution (I am talking atm only about AB).

But if on other servers they are working with botting raidgroups of berserkers in a 12-toon-raid - this gets a bit extreme then. And for all who are working on their progression stuff in ToV, this will be getting expensive too. This looks a bit of an armarment race. I know many who started since last year bigger boxing groups to cope with that problem without DGB. And DGB is assumingly happy because people pay more accounts and the new expansion with this method.
  9. enclee Augur

I just take their pulls, when I was hunting in ST. I think it was a powerlevel group, but no one said anything.
  10. Reynen Journeyman

On AB that's avoiding 70% of the last expansion, hey! thanks for suggestion!
    dreadlord likes this.
  11. svann Augur

Correction: you just need to convince someone with the ability to monitor the person that it is worth their time to do so. If you get a gm to take a look and he sees it himself then you dont need to prove anything. In fact, I dont think any kind of "proof" will ever be sufficient unless the gm sees it himself. No, not even video.
  12. BraxxorOfAB New Member

PSB for the ABer's out there wanting to contest 'He who must not be named', it's not worth reporting, the GM's will do nothing, and I mean nothing, to stop him I've been on this guy and his groups for nearly a year and a half now, I have submitted countless petitions, backed up with video's, and those videos forwarded to the powers that be, and nothing has been done, not even a suspension has been given.

I've even gone as far as to see what he uses to do this AFK gameplay, and now know exactly what he does and how he does it, yet even when broken down and submitted to the powers that be, nada, they won't do anything. I see no reason why he's still ingame, when I know others doing exactly what he's doing, using the same tools have been banned.

So my advice, take your money elsewhere I personally have now given up caring, as nothing will ever be done about him
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I wonder how DBG would feel if someone started a "vigilante server police"-guild, that players could report botters/griefers to.
    The guild would then continuously harass the botter/griefer away from the server somehow. making reputation matter again. Make a serverwide poll, of what kind of "play nice policy" they should enforce on that server.

What would the pros/cons of such a setup be?

Basically a "player-made" GM-guild, enforcing rules that the players have voted for....

All they need is a single ability/spell: "translocate arena"(without confirmation-popup), where a waiting squad will "perform judgement"...:p
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm most likely they would just start banning folks on the force. For good or bad that seems to be what happens based on what folks are saying.
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

They would just ban the people taking matters into their own hands. Even if warranted.

On a lighter note, are they doing server mergers this summer?

If so will DBG give players on the merged servers free transfer tokens if they don't like the merger?

Maybe, You and all your friends can find out where that guy ends up and pick a different server to all hop to.
  16. svann Augur

Depends on what actions the force takes. You are allowed to interact with other players any way you want just so long as you dont break the actual rules. That the botters dont like it isnt a rule you would be banned for. Just dont be dumb about it. Dont name and shame in the forums, and dont train. I dont think there is much else.
  17. code-zero Augur

You are allowed to DPS race and I can't see a raid alliance competing with these groups as being a problem. The logistics could possibly require players joining and leaving the force over long periods though
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed but from what I have read the ones that are the big problems videio everything. Not sure what you could do that won't cause a problem with the botter petitioning.

If the posts about the warper guy are to be believed he seems to be teflon. Though I guess the main thing with him is he is blatantly cheating not just botting.
  19. Ashigaru Augur

I think the problem here is that DPG has backed themselves into a corner. They don't have the resource that would be necessary to conclusively ban this guy, as it would take a protracted period of observation and recording to confirm he is cheating. And even then the software used continues to evolve to avoid detection

And practically speaking if some of his toons were banned - he can probably powerlevel a new box team in a few days.

There is no realistic way he is going to be removed (if anything I think we're likely to see more of this behaviour as it becomes the new norm, both on AB and other servers).

That's why my proposals are to provide routes to workaround it, rather than prevent it. That way DPG keeps both sets of income. Regular players and those who ah... augment their play ;)

Don't get me wrong - I hate this situation. But to quote Silk (David Eddings fans!) "I don't make the world, I just try to live in it"
  20. dreadlord Augur

I think a GM could see this very readily and easily. They took nameds from at least 2 folk in EW just this morning (one was mine - we'd had a blessed and lovely few hours without them for some reason). Wouldn't have to hang around long in EW/GD to see them up to their tricks.

The only workaround I can think of atm is to allow lower numbers in pick zones - if there's 10 versions of EW, well he doesn't seem to have enough bots to be in all of them simultaneously
    Corwyhn Lionheart and svann like this.